1970 FJ55 - AKA "Buckshot" - Father & Son Build Project #2 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Haven't been able to get much work done on the FJ40 or FJ55 lately, but got a ton done on my son's Sequoia. Got to keep the boy safe and in style! :rofl: I love the way the first gens look!!

- 2.5 inch lift and New Strut Assembles (don't hate me for not using OEM parts)
- New 255/80/17 Toyo All Terrain Tires
- Apple Car Play with Back up camera
- Blaupunkt 8 inch Sub
- New brakes (definitely needed it)

IMG_0364.jpg

IMG_0365.jpg

IMG_0366.jpg

IMG_0367.jpg

IMG_0368.jpg

Last edited:
I have a guy coming to put glass in both the FJ40 and the FJ55 this week so I had to get them ready. Painted the windshield frame and gas door for the 40 and cleaned, epoxy primed, and painted the windshield frame in the 55. I am not going to sandblast the 55 and do all I have done to the 40, but I wanted to go ahead and paint the frame before he put the glass in, to seal it up, and so it will be a smooth transition when I eventually paint the 55.

IMG_0483.jpg

IMG_0484.jpg

IMG_0485.jpg

IMG_0486.jpg

Got the windshield put in Buckshot today. They did it in about 20 mins. It sort of looks out of place because it is the nicest part of the LC :rofl:

IMG_0707.jpg

IMG_0708.jpg

IMG_0703.jpg

IMG_0704.jpg

IMG_0705.jpg

Time to cruise down the road looking through a super clear windshield!!! When I got mine done it made me notice how scratched up all my other windows are.

Had some friends over today. The neighbors probably thought I had lost my mind and bought one of every color :rofl:

IMG_1400.jpg

IMG_1397.jpg

Buckshot went to live with a new family today. I am excited for the new owner. He plans to restore him. I am recruiting him to join us on MUD and document the whole process.

Bye Bye Bucky.jpeg

Easy come, easy go Yeah, I hate to see him go, but it was fun dreaming and collecting all the parts for an awesome build. Tyler got an awesome rig that is 99% ready to be restored and updated. I really hope he starts a build thread and posts lots of pics. His brother has a FJ80 with an LS swap, he currently has a 100 series that is his daily driver, and his step dad has been restoring an hot rodding cars his whole life, so the FJ55 is in good hands.

It was hard to say goodbye to Bucky, but as RUSH55 said "Easy come and easy go!" Well, it was "easy come" today. Picked up this 78 FJ40 and drove it back to Atlanta from Chattanooga 100 miles doing 65 mph the whole way. More details soon. I will start a new thread, but the short story is I just plan to put new quarter panels on it, paint it and drive the wheels off of it. It is 98% untouched and all orginal and came packed full with new parts.

IMG_2459.jpg

IMG_2460.jpg

IMG_2461.jpg

IMG_2462.jpg

IMG_2463.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom