1970 FJ55 - AKA "Buckshot" - Father & Son Build Project #2 (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sandblast. Then etching primer. Then paint.

I think I have found inspiration for my FJ55. Looks like the door handles and the mirrors are off of a FJ Cruiser. I might have to do this after I finish my FJ40

FJ55 001 Sweet.png

I NEED SOME HELP!

I am trying to buy a new brake master cylinder for 1970 FJ55 and I can't seem to find one that matches the one I have already and will bolt to the booster. I realize the master cylinder is probaly after market, but the booster has two bolts and every brake cylinder I find that has two bolts only has one brake line hook up???

Mine has two brake lines and two bolts.

Help me out :)

SEE THE PICS BELOW

IMG_3768.jpg

IMG_3769.jpg

IMG_3770.jpg

IMG_3771.jpg

Rockauto has boosters for a '70. I couldn't tell from the Centric pic if it's the right one though. $260 bucks with a $60 core. Ouch. Have you considered an FJ60 booster and MC?

Rockauto has boosters for a '70. I couldn't tell from the Centric pic if it's the right one though. $260 bucks with a $60 core. Ouch. Have you considered an FJ60 booster and MC?
I guess ill read up on that option :)

Parts diagram lists the following two numbers for "1970" depending on month:

47210CYLINDER ASSY, MASTER, W/O BOOSTER
47200-35021(03/1969 - 06/1970)
47201-60010(07/1970 - 12/1974)

The first one is a three bolt application (two to the side and one on bottom) and the second one is a four bolt. Also, the first is a single brake line application (off the front) and the second one is two lines off the bottom.

The second one seems to be available in various aftermarket or OEM (Aisin) configurations. Eg:

I'm thinking you will need to go back to an OEM configuration booster. Here are those numbers:

44610BOOSTER ASSY, BRAKE
44610-60010(07/1970 - 08/1971)
44620-35010(03/1969 - 06/1970)

Hope that helps somewhat.

Last edited:
I'm suspect your booster has been modified from a 4-bolt to a 2-bolt.

This is the cylinder you should have on there:

1657752344485.png

Sure you don’t want to use the stuff from Buckshot to fix up this one? This one looks like it’s in better condition 🤔
I had the same thought, but Buckshot is in a little better shape. I'll post more pics soon. That one pic of the green one is the"GOOD" side! :rofl:

Last edited:
So 4xFletch and I spent half of the day cleaning and wrenching. I need to take some pics, but Buckshot is in much better shape then the green one (AKA: Goose). The drip rails and roof on Goose are in bad shape. Lots of holes in the roof (look at the first pic). The floorboards on the driver side by the door are pretty bad. I pulled the fenders and aprons off for Buckshot, grabbed the radiator, battery tray, and head liner bows.

I also got four original Toyota rims. Need to have them sandblasted and painted. I have one that I got with my FJ40 so I have a set of 5 now. I will post more pics ASAP, but here are a few more. It looks like the driver side was buried in mud for a couple years. The rims are gone and the lug nuts are so bad you can't even get a wrench on them. The floor board and bumper are gone on the driver side as well. Very odd.

Goose also has a lot of bondo. I guess the previous owner wanted it good and stright before he put that nice "rattle can" camo pait job on it :rofl:

IMG_4083.jpg

IMG_4077.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom