What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (70 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Installed Radius @Delta VS finally. Also drop brackets for the swaybar up front since i've been riding with it disconnected for the past year or so. Put in a new crank position sensor because I thought the original one died, but it was actually me shorting the harness with the engine mount bracket and ultimately cutting it. that was some tight space to work in and fix. Determined that sometimes you can order a cheaper after market version of a part that is an actual OEM part but a lot cheaper.

20220403_162855.jpg

It looks like the NPS(Grand Canyon) is trying to limit day use access extremely at toroweap and the other overlooks located on the Kanab plateau.

Please comment and share this link with any like minded individuals in an effort to retain our access to some beautiful back country.

You can read more here.

Last edited:
It looks like the NPS(Grand Canyon) is trying to limit day use access extremely at toroweap and the other overlooks located on the Kaibab plateau.

Please comment and share this link with any like minded individuals in an effort to retain our access to some beautiful back country.

You can read more here.

Kanab, not Kaibab Plateau. Granted Kanab being limited is bad too.

Kanab, not Kaibab Plateau. Granted Kanab being limited is bad too.

Good catch!!!! I guess that is the rattle snake gultch and kanab creek areas.

It looks like the NPS(Grand Canyon) is trying to limit day use access extremely at toroweap and the other overlooks located on the Kanab plateau.

You can read more here.

I left a comment supporting that the lands remain open as they are now with no increased and unneeded restrictions. Thanks for the link

@BillyGoatMTB what was that thermometer witchcraft involving the Fluke multimeter? Can the more budget (model 111) versions do that?

General query for the collective: Are the turn signal locations in the ARB bull bar a decent enough spot for some fog lights, or is that facet angled “wrong?” I’m thinking Baja s2 in those locations or that style light at any rate.
Hahaha 😂
Witchcraft, fluke secret squirrel witchcraft......

I don't know the 111 might look and see if it will accept a temperature. Probe, is there a f and a c on your dial for Fahrenheit and Celsius?

Good Morning Mud

It's head gasket / valve job time.

Wild coolant boil over/flash water situation with excellent compression...... The leak down showed air on #1 pushing into the upper cooling return hose to radiator. There were also few cylinders that had air leaking out of the exhaust and one intake valve.

I'll probably start a new thread once the head's done being tested and I verify there's not a crack.

I expected the head gasket to look much worse than it did, which ads to some of the concern and the head being verified? Good to go.

If the head's good, my plans to put it back together and run it and over the next year so slowly build a brand new factory. 1FZ on a new short block.

In preparation for a new motor I'll be replacing the wiring harness this go around.

Toyota..... Why oh why did you make that lower intake closed in without the wire harness being removed...........

Screenshot_20220404-185956~2.png

Screenshot_20220404-185330.png

Screenshot_20220404-185259.png

Screenshot_20220404-185413.png

Screenshot_20220404-185136.png

Screenshot_20220325-142741.png

Screenshot_20220325-142729.png

Passed smog

View attachment 2969880

Used my last Japan can and performed 2nd oil change on the new motor (first at 500 miles, then 1k, next 5k)

View attachment 2969881
So awesome! I'm currently doing a head gasket and valve job but I'm putting a plan and motion to slowly start building a brand new 1fz over the next year. Super happy you passed smog and thanks again for your epic parts list.

Now, just need to find a good used supercharger.....

Last edited:
Use my 80 for work (as I always do) last week.

IMG_20220401_174546043 (Medium).jpg
IMG_20220401_174537282 (Medium).jpg
IMG_20220401_174518882 (Medium).jpg

i use mine for work regularly....
So… wasn’t planning on doing this, this weekend, but things happen for a reason… PO stripped out the bolts to the IAC… I got the screw out, but this happened, in the process… gonna crack open a beer and cry for a bit. Then I will pick myself up and fix it.

View attachment 2972761
Damn how did that happen? My screws are stripped too, but don't need cleaning yet. I will replace it will a regular metric bolts going forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom