What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (62 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not a "myth".

It used to be true, just not so much anymore, as I alluded to in the statement.

I will still choose to do so on mine. I'm not willing to set my battery on a concrete floor for a month if I'm working on my truck, only to find out that it's dead when I'm ready to go back together.

In would not set a battery out for a month without putting it on a trickle charger. Especially an agm.

In would not set a battery out for a month without putting it on a trickle charger. Especially an agm.
Why? What could possibly cause it to discharge during that time? Nothing would be attached to it, so theoretically, it shouldn't discharge.....should it?

Why? What could possibly cause it to discharge during that time? Nothing would be attached to it, so theoretically, it shouldn't discharge.....should it?
A brand new sealed lead acid battery will discharge at a rate of 3% a month give or take. An older one even faster. A battery sitting at a lower charge damages the cells and effects it's ability to be recharged and maintain charge.

A brand new sealed lead acid battery will discharge at a rate of 3% a month give or take. An older one even faster. A battery sitting at a lower charge damages the cells and effects it's ability to be recharged and maintain charge.
This is a 6 month old Northstar agm. A $400 battery. It sat for 2 months while I was having my heads rebuilt.

I threw it in the truck and. Noticed if the truck sat a while it wouldn't start. A while being a few hours. You can literally watch it die. I'll never leave a battery sit again. In theory you can charge it every few months and it'll be ok. But I already have trickle chargers for all my cars. So it's no work to have the battery on one.

These are directly through me. I will be adding all parts and pieces soon to the website. Give me a message or text and I'll get you squared away. I have all the front pieces pictured in stock. Rear parts are about 3 weeks out on production.

Jason
Right on! I'll send you a message. Thank you sir!

Four foot Firestik antenna finally arrived. It’s the Firefly lighter-weight version.

F9E430A0-F02B-4695-9FA0-2BFF2ECA97DC.jpeg

Four foot Firestik antenna finally arrived. It’s the Firefly lighter-weight version.

View attachment 2846389
How's the movement on the spring - Is it letting the antenna whack the truck frequently? I'm just about to mount mine as well. Looks like I have the same set up with the addition of a quick disconnect.

How's the movement on the spring - Is it letting the antenna whack the truck frequently? I'm just about to mount mine as well. Looks like I have the same set up with the addition of a quick disconnect.
I haven’t had it out yet but the spring is very rigid. I think the flex in the antenna itself is more likely to be the problem. The thicker version probably has less flex but it has a higher profile to the wind. We’ll see. I just didn’t have faith that I could keep the stock antenna safe forever. If I can get this to work it’ll be sturdier and cheap and easy to replace.

Pressed out shredded rear control arm bushings and pressed in fresh new ones from Mr. T.

Over 2,000 miles of seat time after replacing tons of parts.. rebuilt engine/trans/tcase, all new suspension bushings and shocks/oem springs, pads/rotors and oem calipers, front end etc.. Still needs a full exhaust replacement but for all its worth almost drives like a new rig!

E0C000C3-3898-4324-AA8C-1E4F52BD516D.jpeg

Maybe a tennis ball will help with the flexing of the antenna.

Upgraded my OME 2.5in lift with Ironman4x4 4in lift and happy with the ride so far. I need to address the stinkbug soon...
LX450_1.jpeg

1000 dollars later (not counting the lift cost or cost of axle rebuilding) and 6weeks of work maybe just maybe I’ll finally finish my 2” lift. Which has spiraled into I must treat and paint all the rust. And even worse, I have to make the park brake work.

Anyway… getting there. Rebuilt the front axle and put In the front suspension lift with no issue. Rear of truck had more rust that anticipated. So I could not just let it be and put in the lift and finish the axle rebuild. Replacing the proposition valve assembly and every part in the parking brake including the cable ( didn’t work when I bought it). Extra 1000 at least at this point. Also needle scaling all the rust on frame and axle and painting. It’s been fun! All new bushings and brake lines too.
Looks like a familiar scene :) Completely rebuilt my front and rear axles. Couple spots to coat then reassembly next week and back on the frame.

IMG_9492.jpg

I was finding my limits and the 80s

Didn't do anything. But parts started showing up so I can.

Also clocked my first tank of fuel.
1) I over estimated how much fuel I'd used. I only out about 17.4 gallons in. I thought I was way closer to E.
2) when corrected for tires it got 17.88 mpg

20211124_132256.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom