Builds Megadoomer Build (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had a side job a few blocks from Steve's house on Saturday. So I stopped by and he was pressure washing the underside...again. I think it is ready for the under seal now.

We did a few odds n ends. Nothing to note except we made the bracket to secure the lower fender to the rocker.
20210410_154907.jpg

Only had time for one side.

White aint right.
Put the driver fender mount on. Got the patches between the rocker and mounting system spot welded in and seam sealed. Sealed the topside of the rocker and the body along with a few other spots. Finally got the underseal coat on and it looks great. Ran out of time to paint the frame. Next week that will be the first thing we do then its Avengers Assemble.

A friend of mine needs some work done on his Chevelle and he is a paying customer. So now there is more than 1 reason to get my Pig complete.

Yesterday I had a side job that ended at a decent time so I put the first coat of frame paint on. I bought a gallon of Chassis Saver satin black. First coat went on pretty good.

Today we got the second coat on pretty fast and it looks great. Dropped the body back on the frame and bolted it down with new hardware.

Painted the rest of the front suspension parts and put it all back together.

Tackled the rear leaf situation. Well one side only so far. We took some from the front and mixed and matched to get a little more spring rate. It sits a little higher but it is a bit stiffer than the other side we haven't touched yet.

20210425_142628.jpg
20210424_153201.jpg
20210425_162734.jpg
20210425_164525.jpg

This pig is coming together. Steve did the brake lines over the week. We repacked the driver side rear spring. I gained about 2 inches. More than I wanted but I can live with it. Painted the springs and rear end. Dropped the engine back in and bolted it in for good.

I was under the truck a lot today and it looks like I'm sliding under someone else's pig.
20210502_122214.jpg
20210502_160252.jpg
20210502_160300.jpg
20210502_160333.jpg
20210502_164737.jpg

Better change that last bit of white under the tail lights to black. Some of us might be checking at the Pig Party.
Nice work...

I have a pretty good drawing app that is a lot like Photoshop. I had a door handle on there but I guess it didnt save. I know the real amby has the window flush but I like the indent and no amby has the Toyota lettering like that. I feel like my metal fab skillz might be able to pull this off...maybe? Something I am really thinking about, but I just need this thing to drive in the next few weeks. Cant play with amby doors or pop tops just yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom