Speedhut gauge criticism (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

WEMA will build you a floatless sender any length, any Ohm range. I've been using the SSL style with a float ring
that climbs a center tube. It allows me to build tanks with overly done baffling where swing floats won't work

wemausa.com

IMG_2844.JPG

IMG_2887.JPG

IMG_2888.JPG

Last edited:
And this is where the project died. After I said to simply clock and open up two holes no one asked about an adapter again. If no one speaks up the idea goes into the trash.
So apparently no adapter is needed then? Just drill 2 holes in the sender and your good?

I sent back my gauges to get a different shade of green and a brights indicator which is technically required to pass a saftey inspection in the state of Texas.

Anywho. This new shade of green is much easier to see at night. I added a tachometer to complete the look and speedhut did the color change and brights indicator for like $68 which isnt terrible
20200727_210724.jpg

Speedhut has amazing customer service, they're pretty easy to work with on special requests

So when a floatless sender is used in conjunction with a Speedhut fuel gauge, does the needle snap right to position as soon as power is applied like with newer vehicles? Just a curiosity.

Does anyone know the stock 60 water coolant temp thread size? is it pipe thread? im trying to figure out an adapter since the provided one was too small. I bought a 3/8" NPT and that was too big... any help greatly appreciated

The stock sender is M16x15

The adapter into the head is NPT though.

So when a floatless sender is used in conjunction with a Speedhut fuel gauge, does the needle snap right to position as soon as power is applied like with newer vehicles? Just a curiosity.
I replaced the stock fuel float with the float less sender and it goes immediately to the fuel level. You do have to calibrate the sender as you would with the stock one. I ran a pigtail from the wire harness at the fuel tank and had the floatless sender in a bucket of diesel in the front seat so I could calibrate it by myself. I got the 7” one so there’s some fuel still in the tank. It’s about 1/2 way down the page.

Last edited:
I replaced the stock fuel float with the float less sender and it goes immediately to the fuel level. You do have to calibrate the sender as you would with the stock one. I ran a pigtail from the wire harness at the fuel tank and had the floatless sender in a bucket of diesel in the front seat so I could calibrate it by myself. I got the 7” one so there’s some fuel still in the tank. It’s about 1/2 way down the page.
Very cool. Looks like adapting one in is a fairly simple task. I'm guessing there's a float ball of some sort in yours for it to read full when you held it upside down? I'm curious to see if I could easily adapt a custom solid state sender from WEMA to use once I eventually have a Speedhut gauge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom