Speedhut gauge criticism (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So its putting out 140v AC out of 200v. It flickerd once then never came back on.... nothing changed in the wiring, its tied into the needle light wire and uses the same ground. Neither of the guages will light up. when i first pulled the rheostat it was hot to the touch.... will post updates when its resolved

Unplugged everything, plugged it all back in, it works again. Musta been loose... maybe im paranoid about it? I dunno

Reading about the dimmer/illumination issues you're having is discouraging for me. I'd like to add these in my 60, and was hoping to soon. I have a difficult time at night with light sensitivity. The LCD being full time bright would certainly bother me. I'd have chosen the dark background as well to keep the classic look. Follow up here please if you, or they get the issues sorted.

Dont get me wrong these guages are great. The older these trucks get the more crucial it is that we have accurate engine information so we can properly diagnose whatever engine problem we may have. But for the price im going to be very picky as I didnt see much critisism on this product and I want to document the things i disliked. I wish they made an option to dim everything and not just the background tick marks, it would be great if they had a version that would illuminate the guages like the stock FJ60, to recreate that classic old school feel but unfortunately they dont. I found that the LCD screen became less noticable at night the more i drove it at night, but if its somthing that would bother you i would hit up customer service and ask if they have any custom alternative, it seems to be the talk of the town that they have great customer support.

I think I may wait until Cruiser Crawl in October and try to find someone already using them, and check them out first hand. The illumination and brightness of the lcd will for sure bother me(assuming its to bright).
I need to get a good pic of the ones i installed at night the background is black and they illuminate blue witch i think could be a little brighter the potentiometers are red and plenty bright

I need to get a good pic of the ones i installed at night the background is black and they illuminate blue witch i think could be a little brighter the potentiometers are red and plenty bright
That would be nice!! I've gone to great lengths to keep my interior illumination matching with my radio replacements, etc. Im guessing there is no way to change the illumination to greens that closely match the original?

That would be nice!! I've gone to great lengths to keep my interior illumination matching with my radio replacements, etc. Im guessing there is no way to change the illumination to greens that closely match the original?

Here's the closest green. The numbers glow vs. the factory dial lighting. They have dial lighting, but they only show it on the light color dial faces. May be an option though.

Screen Shot 2019-08-06 at 7.56.42 PM.png

I “inherited” these gauges (obviously minus the EFI computer). They look ok, but not impressed with accuracy FWIW
90ED7DC5-6FFA-4DA3-A10E-A88B45A57D1B.jpeg

I “inherited” these gauges (obviously minus the EFI computer). They look ok, but not impressed with accuracy FWIWView attachment 2069692

those are autometer....are your referring to the needles going all the way to the left when power is off? What is happening when power is on?

Floating, stuttering and generally not working well. Could have been the amateur who installed them. But I am about to toss them out anyway. Anyone want them?

Floating, stuttering and generally not working well. Could have been the amateur who installed them. But I am about to toss them out anyway. Anyone want them?

ok , but just so not confusing to others...you are talking about autometer brand stuff and the topic is speed-hut brand. I'm not saying one is better or worse...just putting it out there. Over time I have had good luck with the automter gauges I've used. But I do currently have a single volt gauge that is not working correctly, I'm just too lazy to go back in the harness and look around, in my case it worked fine for one or two cycles of the engine running and then now its totally dead, no movement of the needle at all. I'm debating on the small gauges to go to digital display, since as I've grown older...my vision has not gotten any better, and the digital stuff is easier to read at a glance for some things where I want specific details, other things a range view might be ok, but reading at a glance on some analog small gauges has become problematic.

Yes, thanks for bearing with me on this - I was sharing and learning. I went ahead and ordered all new Speedhut gauges, but will share critique here if I have one.

I seem to have an issue with my Speedhut guages (maybe?). Everything works great except my fuel gauge - which is so inaccurate that I completely disregard it. It goes up to full when I fill up but then it never seems to go below 1/2 tank, it always seems to change too so it's totally unreliable.

Is this a problem with the gauge or is it maybe something related to whatever sends to the gauge? Would it be fuel pump related at all? I do occasionally have the vehicle stall out too - pretty infrequent but I've noticed usually when it's a full tank.

I seem to have an issue with my Speedhut guages (maybe?). Everything works great except my fuel gauge - which is so inaccurate that I completely disregard it. It goes up to full when I fill up but then it never seems to go below 1/2 tank, it always seems to change too so it's totally unreliable.

Is this a problem with the gauge or is it maybe something related to whatever sends to the gauge? Would it be fuel pump related at all? I do occasionally have the vehicle stall out too - pretty infrequent but I've noticed usually when it's a full tank.

You can manually adjust the fuel sensor for the full and empty marks. however mine fills up and slowly goes down to the half full mark, after it reaches half a tank the needle quickly shoots down to the empty level disproportionately. I disengaged the low fuel warning light because every time i would accelerate the needle would fluxuate so much and cause the warning light to turn on

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom