FJ60 vs FJ62 Gauge cluster differences. Not the speedometer or tach (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, I am looking to see if any of you have swapped the fj62 gauge cluster into a fj60? From first glance holding the fj62 cluster in hand, the main difference is the Parking brake light is in the cluster and not on the dash. Im wondering if the pin outs are similar between the two, but im not sure if the plug or wiring is different on the back to accommodate the parking brake light.

The plan is to swap my fj60 gauges into the fj62 housing, and use the parking brake light from the fj62 cluster to free up the dash light spot for a different project. Anyone who has swapped clusters, any info is greatly appreciated

Kinda where im at right now, just wanting to see if anyones done this before.

Heres teh fj60 combination meter in the FSM

FJ60.png

And heres teh Fj62

FJ62.png

It looks like the main difference is pin 7. Its just "Charge fuse" on the fj60 for the battery light, but its the parking brake switch, and brake fluid level switch on the fj62. Im wondering if i can switch pin 7 on the fj60 plug to pin 8 on the fj62 then run my parking brake wire from my old bulb to the pin 7 on the fj62. That would leave me with the headlight dimmer switch terminal to dim the lights. Im not sure where that would go because its not listed on the fj62 FSM. Or maybe thats the high beam indicator?

Last edited:
I have swapped them before. But I swapped harnesses too, so it doesn’t really help much.

I have swapped them before. But I swapped harnesses too, so it doesn’t really help much.
Ah man! So close. Haha. I found one other thread where they also swapped the harness. It kinda looks like both harnesses use the same plug. I’m hoping it can just be done with swapping some wires around

So this totally works. Just pull your red and white wire from your brake light and pin it to pin 7. Match up the charge lights. Then move your headlight dimmer wire in pin 8 to pin 1 pretty much. If you run led headlights with a relay you need to either put a diode in the wiring on the headlight dimmer wire or use an LED bulb for the high beam indicator or it will back feed the relay and the light won’t turn on.

All of the old 60 gauges drop right into the fj62 housing so you can keep the better looking solid bars instead of the little tick marks.

Also. The little numbers on the white plug on the combination meter itself has numbers 1-6 backwards. Idk if it’s a misprint or what compared to the FSM. My Tachometer is currently not working because my dakota digital tachometer converter just decided to stop working. Dont judge

IMG_5984.jpeg

IMG_5990.jpeg

IMG_5991.jpeg

This frees up my brake light on the dash next to my diff lock indicator for the next project. A PRNDL

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom