Builds Big Red Toy (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This the one I have. It's meant for compound setup like yours. I cut and rewelded it for my application but I realized I could have made it pretty easy.

I was wondering how the hot turbine would affect the spring over time. Looks like Crazy Carls has a tube to act as a heat shield, too.

20200629_134921.jpg

Just had a thought. Does anyone make a high lift jack mount adapter that could fit in a tow hitch? Thinking of adding one where the BBQ is.

You can make a Kaymar work.

Wouldn't be too hard to make it yourself.

Got off telework early and decided to hit the lake. As soon as I got everything ready, thunder and rain.

20200707_150646.jpg

I guess it's a drinking and playing online kind of day.

The brake upgrade kit still hasn't shipped out yet, so standing by to stand by.

Last edited:
Pulled up to the liquor store in my big red truck where my neighbor's pothead kid works. The "kid" is 34. He's amazed by my new truck. The same new truck he's watched me work on for years.

Lesson here, buy cigars from your pothead neighbor cause he forgets to ring them all up.

Sometime I wish I could just work at a liquor store and smoke pot all day. I bet he has more fun than most with no cares in the world.

Sometime I wish I could just work at a liquor store and smoke pot all day. I bet he has more fun than most with no cares in the world.
As soon as I'm done sucking on the government's teet. Willing to bet pot with solve a bunch of PTSD related issues.

The beef is here.

20200716_162335.jpg

20200716_162827.jpg

The old smaller rotor is the 62 land cruiser, the larger rotor is the 2017+ 4runner.

Since they came with no instructions, I got curious to see how they mount and anxious if my 6 shooter steering arms will get in the way. I braved the 100 degree weather to see what it would look like and mocked it up. I think I lost 6 gallons of sweat just getting the tire off.

20200716_173503.jpg

20200716_173512.jpg

20200716_173517.jpg

Looks like I have to get it pressed in somehow and I'll lose the aluminium spacer that had given me some worries over the years. Doesn't look like it'll interfere with the 6 shooter steering arms.

I guess we'll find out on install day.

Brave man! I’m so unmotivated to work on trucks right now. All I can manage after getting home is watering plants and heading into the house.

Brave man! I’m so unmotivated to work on trucks right now. All I can manage after getting home is watering plants and heading into the house.
Im trying to get everything ready for SAS4 and help my buddy get his rig ready.

Nice. There is a very slight chance I take a tour of southwest Colorado and swing in to say hi. That’s if my splitcase fluid looks good at next oil change and the trans hasn’t moved much oil into the tranfer case. I’m almost to the point of having to steal the NV4500/HF2A combo out of the 75 project.

Nice. There is a very slight chance I take a tour of southwest Colorado and swing in to say hi. That’s if my splitcase fluid looks good at next oil change and the trans hasn’t moved much oil into the tranfer case. I’m almost to the point of having to steal the NV4500/HF2A combo out of the 75 project.
Man it would be good to see you. We haven't hung out in ages.

Looks like that caliper mount gets bolted up with the spindle bolts. It should only be able to go on one way since the holes are not symmetrical if I remember correctly.

Got bearings and wheel studs in the mail and another cup holder today. Decided it was still too hot, so I tackled the easy stuff.

Installed the cup and phone holders and painted the calipers and brackets. Of course the only color I have is red.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom