Events/Trails Pig Party 2019 (2 Viewers)

What Type of Pig Party?

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

04CF423E-5AC0-4976-99F4-72190390E450.jpeg
Lets give ourselves the opportunity to make that long list of repairs needed before PP19, by setting a date/place/time.

@cruiseroutfit

So where is the location looking to be?

I'm all for letting Kurt from Cruiser Outfitter's decide. I'm just along for the ride.

The idea of Utah AND the museum are pretty awesome. Eleven months to get the rigs together, and fuel money saved up!

Has anyone mentioned it to Kurt yet?

And and and??!!:bounce::bounce::bounce:

I spoke with Kurt when ordering parts a short while back. I know it is on his radar and he was very positive about it.

I am reviving this because I am getting antsy about the pig party. I need something to day dream about when work sucks. Someone tell me where send my money!

Me too!

Send it to me, always need some extra. :)

Time to get it nailed down. We need a good friend of Kurt to sweet talk him into running lead. Pablo had started the conversation, but he may be too busy right now. Let's see what he thinks.
F077AE1C-6FAF-4E3D-AC5C-AA97A83E95D0.jpeg

Last edited:
TJ (@PabloCruise) and I need to align our schedules so we can catch up for a few minutes on the phone. What time of year do you gents normally do the Pig Party?

Last edited:
I voted for moving campsites but I am backpacker by nature so like to stay moving. However I am good with either option as this will be my first Pig Party and first time my '69 FJ55 has moved under its own power since 1985 or so. Has been mine for (17) year but Sloooow build. I am located in Reno Nevada so like Utah as option.

Sounds like the pigs are in need of coming out of hibernation. Still cold wet and muddy but salavating just the same.

Utah yippy Calle. Bring on that red dust.

Kurt does do a great trail ride. Hope he’s up for the time table.

Gypsy camping vs homestead camping?

My rig is set up for gypsy camping because I like to be able to pick up and go at any give second (just borrowed a chicken from the neighbor, wink wink, gotta go) and still live in luxury. (Gypsy)

A lot of rigs and life styles are setup specifically for base camping (homesteading).
The journey is setting up a comfort zone ( bar, hot tub, double bed that excepts quarters) that is not easily (quick escape plan) revearsed without the journey back.

Summary,
As much as I’d like to experience a new place every Pig Knight, the homesteaders rigs may not be that mobile (where do ya store the water for the hot tub, and beer kegs get pretty foamy on trail rides). It’s easier for a gypsy to keep up with a homesteader then it is for a homesteader to keep up with a gypsy.

To my knowledge Kurt knows Utah extensively and he may have some ideas as to how to saciate (cool word huh?) both appetites. And we know how pigs like to eat. I like gettin out with the pig folks either way (kinda like when I dated twins). If I had to vote I wouldn’t know which twin to pic cause I love um bophe

I'm pretty committed to making the party this year! I'd vote for homesteader. My Princes would maybe wear me out if we were gypsying it.

Id ave to admit love bein spoiled myself.

Hi All,

I got a chance to catch up with Kurt, @cruiseroutfit it was nice of him to spend some time talking about our little Pig Party.

The short story is that they are getting some very nice snowfall right now that might limit access to some of the nice trails outside Salt Lake City (SLC) for our time frame (2nd half of June). Great news is that there are lots of options in the area if we get snowed out of some options.

I confirmed with Kurt that we want to run trails out of a base camp. He knows of lots of primitive camp options that will not require reservations or permits. These options do include pit toilets.

If they have a hot, dry spring the snow will disappear quickly, we should be able to make a decision by mid-May.

One idea Kurt suggested is the idea of starting our adventure at the Cruiser Museum on Tuesday afternoon, and then driving a couple hours outside of SLC on Weds AM so we can set up camp and be all set. There are hotels near the museum, as well as a KOA that they used during Cruiser Fest.

I will add some detail over the weekend, just wanted to get some of the latest updates out there for you all!

Sounds good to me :). Is Pulled :steer: :pig: Pork :flipoff2: frowned upon or still welcome o_O. My :moon: still hurts :rofl: from Rico :confused: :rofl:.

I don’t know who Rico is, but I don’t want to hear about your butt hurting...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom