What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (52 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

22C9075F-B45E-4EB8-8D6F-100259E099AC.jpeg
58A68CE0-A752-4100-BA95-44CBB457CC9C.jpeg
6AC23164-ACBB-406E-8783-5A3BD226F086.jpeg

I got the last of my parts (I hope) ready for zinc plating today.
I have had most of the parts done but then found a ton more.
This is part of one of the horns.
I successfully removed the decals in one piece so will either have repros made or can use the originals again.

Replaced the original dash pad with one FJ40DASH, nice to have the dash pad light cutout there, real happy with the product. Also got the later model (larger) wiper motor installed. I was able to use two existing holes and I decided to only use one rivnut to hold it in place. The fourth hole is too close to the window hinge relief, and I definitely did’t want a hole there that wasn’t being used. Thought maybe the rivnut wouldn’t fit right. Anyways, now my wiper motor out of a 2000 volvo is installed and operational. I’ll get around to doing a more formal write up on that process, but real happy with the results. Also picked up the tabs Friday, now just need to get the insurance.

2E04F984-B225-4107-B30D-572F3C319295.jpeg

3A2F2FAA-6DF7-4ADF-AA73-B540DE5EA22D.jpeg

2391A26E-3000-4FD4-9355-8430E9F5636E.jpeg

I'm in the process of tearing mine down. Engine is just about finished, so it is out with the old to make room for the new! I broke down the front end in preparation for pulling the ol' F, 3-speed & t-case.

IMG_20180519_150725.jpg

IMG_20180519_150732.jpg

You can see the 78 t-case and 4-speed as well as the 78 front axle. The rear axle is off camera (you can see one of the power steering hoses peaking out of its box in the corner too). All will be rebuilt and upgraded before being reunited with the rebuilt, decked, line honed, bored 2F with 9:1, new valve train, and cam with a new high torque profile.

I'll be divorcing the tub, once stripped, from the chassis which will be media blasted and treated to por15. Then assembly will begin! What you can't see in this pic is the ididit column, steering wheel, new weatherproof chassis harness, AFI EFI, and a ton of other parts waiting impatiently for install. I can't wait to get her on the trail!

I'm in the process of tearing mine down. Engine is just about finished, so it is out with the old to make room for the new! I broke down the front end in preparation for pulling the ol' F, 3-speed & t-case.

You can see the 78 t-case and 4-speed as well as the 78 front axle. The rear axle is off camera (you can see one of the power steering hoses peaking out of its box in the corner too). All will be rebuilt and upgraded before being reunited with the rebuilt, decked, line honed, bored 2F with 9:1, new valve train, and cam with a new high torque profile.

I'll be divorcing the tub, once stripped, from the chassis which will be media blasted and treated to por15. Then assembly will begin! What you can't see in this pic is the ididit column, steering wheel, new weatherproof chassis harness, AFI EFI, and a ton of other parts waiting impatiently for install. I can't wait to get her on the trail!

Don't forget to flip the bezel :cheers::flipoff2::)

20180513_130935.jpg

Installed one of my "new to my 40" jump seats. The PO broke off a bolt flush in the mounting hole, need to address that before the other seat goes in.

Upside down Bezel like mine!:rofl:
IMG_20180519_150725.jpg

IMG_20180519_150732.jpg

Just piddling around. I believe I have located all the rust in the tub and bib. Could be worse. I have the replacement OEM panels for the kick vent panels and the rockers and "B" pillars. Real Steal metal. for the floor boards.

IMG-3823.JPG

IMG-3824.JPG

IMG-3825.JPG

IMG-3826.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom