Bolt on turbo kit (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@scottryana I know I'm joining the thread super late, but did you end up taking/fulfilling orders on these bolt-on turbos? or is it still in the works? If so, put me down on the list. I'm in!

Ian, all orders will be through Witts End, Joey finally stepped in and let the cat out of the bag that he was the one taking on this project and I have now stepped back and let him run with it. They are not done as of yet but as I understand it getting closer and closer everyday. I am sure @NLXTACY will make a big announcement when everything is ready to go. :)

@scottryana I know I'm joining the thread super late, but did you end up taking/fulfilling orders on these bolt-on turbos? or is it still in the works? If so, put me down on the list. I'm in!

so what would need to be done to get this to work on my 93. i have no emissions testing here so a piggy back or stand alone is fine. can i get away with 5psi or so on the stock setup? i know others have SCed the 93/94 trucks in the past.

Thanks Scott. Looking forward to the announcement.

How would this bolt-on turbo compare in power production/efficiency to say the TRD or Bullet superchargers for the 80 series?

Ian, all orders will be through Witts End, Joey finally stepped in and let the cat out of the bag that he was the one taking on this project and I have now stepped back and let him run with it. They are not done as of yet but as I understand it getting closer and closer everyday. I am sure @NLXTACY will make a big announcement when everything is ready to go. :)

I’m sure he will too

Although the anxiety is killing many, don't feel rushed Joey! Don't give in to the pressure. Take your time and produce a top notch product like all your other stuff.:clap::clap:

Besides I'm contemplating a new suspension in the meantime.o_O

Oh I’m not bothered nor am I bowing to any pressure on this. There is a lot on the line and I’m going to do my usual thang and overkill it because I need it to be badass.

Oh I’m not bothered nor am I bowing to any pressure on this. There is a lot on the line and I’m going to do my usual thang and overkill it because I need it to be badass.

So the fluffing continues.....and.....where is the next nipple to keep everyone.....”interested”.

You had me at nipple...

@yoda-g3 was gracious enough to let me drive his rig when I was out there. I really appreciate the experience.

Totally different truck with a turbo; wider power band, better mid range torque, turbo whistle was awesome.:bounce2::bounce: We went up a hill and the truck had plenty of power. My truck would have had to down shift to go at the same speed. I think we were around 10.3 psi.

He also had polyurethane bushings which felt real nice.

Thanks yoda :cheers:

My pleasure! Always fun helping a fellow cruiser head out!

It’s taken me a week, but I’ve finally read all 62 pages. I’m picking up a “clean” 96 next month, and so long as it’s as described, I’ll have funding available shortly afterward.

What’s the deposit needed to get on the list, and is there a projected completetion date? Is there an investors price (pay for it now, get it when it’s ready)?

I ask because it’s been heavily discussed on how expensive some aspects of the venture is. Between CARB, Complete r&d on a j-pipe, cross checking various common modifications, custom inter cooler work, not to mention 156 spark plugs and 26 snails probably adds up pretty damn fast. It’s one thing to post up and say you’re interested, it’s another to open you’re wallet.

I asked about putting down a deposit, it wasn’t accepted. But I think that was before Witts End was the known manufacturer.

I’ll expressed interest & desire for the product, but I’m not even sure there is an official buyers list. Dunno...

The oil drain fittings are done and heading into anodizing.

Never mind the stuff on the right, that’s just the boring Gentex Mirror arm for the 60 and 80Series.

0793A9B2-50C1-44C4-81A6-95A21DEA14A0.jpeg

The shop doing the J-Pipe, intake tube(s) and downpipe has been selected after talking with more than 20 shops. I found the right place. This is a production outfit and not a one-off type place. Repeatability and professional is what these guys are about. I’m lucky to have finally found them and only a few hours from me.

I have some decisions to make about the final J-pipe such as material, size, bends and finish. But these are the guys to handle it. I can finally move forward with the rest of the stuff without feeling like I’m going to lose a lot of money :p

0DFC4064-FFBC-4711-8C80-044BE6009FB4.jpeg
47AE71A9-7FF1-4B6B-AE80-05749961516F.jpeg
5291F15A-7D0D-4BF8-BCC2-758017556A58.jpeg
B9E860A7-D9FF-407A-838B-5052A063DD74.jpeg
FB182C2E-4EF5-41BA-91D0-1206E6590A13.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom