HD automotive turbo kit (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is that fuel pump a standard replacement or a higher flow fuel pump?
I went with a bigger pump and an adjustable fuel pressure reg. The lean reading at revs with no load shouldn’t be an issue the concern would be lean under boost conditions, this is where you need extra fuel. Mine under boost is 12.7:1 on the wideband and sits around 14:1 normally at cruise

Is that fuel pump a standard replacement or a higher flow fuel pump?
I went with a bigger pump and an adjustable fuel pressure reg. The lean reading at revs with no load shouldn’t be an issue the concern would be lean under boost conditions, this is where you need extra fuel. Mine under boost is 12.7:1 on the wideband and sits around 14:1 normally at cruise
Denso 950-0226 bigger pump. Just concerned don’t want to detonate a new engine. This is my first turbo ever set up so being cautious. From what I have been reading about is around 14 at idle and 13 when normal driving. Not sure what would cause it to lean out so bad when in park and reving. What regulator did you go with?

I run a JRP multi gauge set up and have fuel pressure, boost, coolant temp and Intake air temps with the wideband which helps to see any issues before they become problems. I have been running my turbo set up with first 5 psi then went to 8 psi without issue, but it leans out at anymore boost, still on standard ecu. l did a lot of testing before fitting the turbo to make sure they wideband readings stayed the same and go rich under boost which you need. My job is working on turbo natural gas engines so that helps. I found my fuel pressure was too high with the 460 Walbro and had to add a turbo smart FPR800 adjustable fuel pressure Reg to sort that out. Might have the connections and fittings l used in my build thread.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom