HD automotive turbo kit (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fj80oregon

GOLD Star
Threads

Anybody have any experience with this kit I can’t find any reviews on it? Thanks in advance!

1445E3FB-1965-4F3B-B68A-34EAC2BC515A.png

Only concern I'd have is RHD vs LHD and if the turbo positioning is comparable with an LHD truck. I assume it would be given all the steering gear is out of the way, and surely if it fits with this on an RHD vehicle, it must fit without on LHD but don't know if Mr Yota moved other things to this location instead?

Only concern I'd have is RHD vs LHD and if the turbo positioning is comparable with an LHD truck. I assume it would be given all the steering gear is out of the way, and surely if it fits with this on an RHD vehicle, it must fit without on LHD but don't know if Mr Yota moved other things to this location instead?
lost of guys running turbos over here with no issues. Just trying to figure out if the kit is good gear and people having any issues with parts.

lost of guys running turbos over here with no issues. Just trying to figure out if the kit is good gear and people having any issues with parts.
I've run a turbo 1FZ myself, it's fantastic.

HD Automotive are well-respected (at least in my circles) but what I was trying to say was that their setup is built for Aussie trucks which are RHD. I know that the Wits-End J-pipe which is built for an LHD truck won't fit a RHD truck, it would pay to check that HD Automotive's J-Pipe etc. will fit your truck which I assume is LHD.

I've run a turbo 1FZ myself, it's fantastic.

HD Automotive are well-respected (at least in my circles) but what I was trying to say was that their setup is built for Aussie trucks which are RHD. I know that the Wits-End J-pipe which is built for an LHD truck won't fit a RHD truck, it would pay to check that HD Automotive's J-Pipe etc. will fit your truck which I assume is LHD.
Yah thanks for the input I’m going to reach out to them and see if the set up will work. Looks like a solid company. Wit-end no longer sells kits and are unreachable most of the time. The j-pipe is what I’m really after. Will post up what I find out. Thanks

Yah thanks for the input I’m going to reach out to them and see if the set up will work. Looks like a solid company. Wit-end no longer sells kits and are unreachable most of the time. The j-pipe is what I’m really after. Will post up what I find out. Thanks
Any updates? I’m looking at the kit also.

I’d get a set up with a 6boost manifold if you’re gonna spend the $$$. JMHO.

Talked with the boys over there and they have fitted and say that the j-pipe will work no problem with a us spec LHD. Going to order up the kit or just j pipe and see what happens? It’s only money!
Looks like a well sorted kit and a good value with the current exchange rates. Keep us updated!

What is the advantage? Sell me on this?
My main reason was a direct to turbo path w/o that 180° turn. Plus that J-pipe takes up space that should be used to route the exhaust inside the frame. You can also delete your EGR right at the source. Not sure if there’s an option they offer w/ that port on cylinder 6 to keep EGR operable . . .but you may need that depending on where you’re living. This is just what I was wanting to do before I got poorer. 😆🤔

Really though, I’m just supercharged and intercooled w/ headers and exhaust routed inside the frame. EGR gone completely. My 1FZ has 315k on it and I was able to climb out of Echo canyon on 1-80 yesterday at 85mph pretty easily. The new 4.88s surely helped . . . I know a turbo would be even betterer . . .especially on a fresh motor.

I ordered the j pipe and will see what I can do without having to have a aftermarket ECU. I can always upgrade from there. The 6 boost manifold Is readily available and might be a future upgrade. If I decide to full send it I will be limited to potential buyers in the future to do DEQ. Will start a turbo build thread once parts show up.

Order was placed the 6th technically and some parts are not in stock but the say it will never be more than 2 weeks to ship so will see. They have been responsive to all emails and customer service seems up to par.

Order was placed the 6th technically and some parts are not in stock but the say it will never be more than 2 weeks to ship so will see. They have been responsive to all emails and customer service seems up to par.
How was the price for shipping?

Once I receive the items I ordered I will follow up. Still waiting. It would also be very easy to do the math and convert $3k Ausi to USA $$$

I had a WA chat with them yesterday. Waiting for quote. They advised me to join the FB group “1FZ-FE Turbo Land Cruisers" already mentioned in this thread. Might provide more hints on the installation and the final power output.

With internally gated turbocharger kit, Haltech ECU package, intercooler, 6boost-pipe manifold as far as I understand it they speak about 200% power increase – means more than 600HP. But where on the rev range – need to see the torque/HP/speed characteristic?

The kit including the 6boost and the Haltech ECU it all will approx. end up at EUR 5500.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom