Builds 1975 frame off. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dam i like that tailgate!

I have ambi doors so not sure i wanna take that plunge to convert haha

It's been 75 degrees the last two days.
Previous record was 70degrees from 1987.

Decided now was as good a time as any to give the new springs a test drive.
Not sure why sky jacker doesn't have a stronger following. New 4" springs all the way around....and it rides as nice as it did on the 20 year springs (also skyjackers)I removed.
Ended up adding an inch or so to the driveshaft....while retubing it from a candy caning it had from way back when.....amazing how much smoother it runs at the 50mph plus...
Who would have thought......
Tailgate now fully operational.
Drives straight and true with the shackle reversal now reversed.
Picked up what on paper sounds like a fresher 2F last spring...but can't bring myself to pull what's in it. It's a little tired but runs well, burns oil and smokes at startup, idle...well let's just say it smokes a little and has been a good engine for a 20 couple years now.

20170224_131558.jpg

1487961241154-1265758303.jpg

1487961749301-232544273.jpg

Got a tool kit together for it.
Currently rolling with a 60 series jack and rods.
Now I guess I'll have to track down the right stuff.

20170426_150820.jpg

A little love for one of rear seats.
Spiderwebs and eggshells. Broken hearts to the crack of dawn one call does it all.

20170429_090708.jpg

20170429_091954.jpg

20170429_092541.jpg

You probably know this already ... but... you used to be able to get the sticker (jump seat) from the unmentionable person who's business is system of measures based on the meter then TLC

His name rhymes with rain

Sor sells most everything he has so you could probably get it from them?

Looking good !!!

the old 33x9.50s were done, still had decent tread, but were getting sketchy in the rain.
so now it's 33x10.50 KO2s. so far i like them.
the odd thing is they made the manual steering a little easier.
going jeep style with the spare, still a "brand new" 9.50.
the shop didn't even mention a word about mounting a 10.5" tire on a 5.5" wheels
ko2.jpg

This went from a krylon rebuild to sure why not, you only live once...in very short order.

20171126_103251.jpg

20171126_103052.jpg

20171125_140403.jpg

the first snow is in the forecast for tomorrow. the roads were sprayed with whatever the state pretreats with this afternoon, so it was time to park it for the winter.
on a whim decided to pull the head on this engine and swap my fresh head on it.
this engine has had oil control issues for quite a while now...about 18 years or so...it had one of those early chevy throttle body fuel injection setups on it in the mid-late90s, that rarely ran right..the times it did run right, boy did it run though, can be counted on one hand. it would run horribly lean, like almost the whole header glowing bright red lean.
the wife was running while i was out of town one time and mentioned upon my return she could see the exhaust glowing at night...several times.
is when the oil issues showed up...big surprise there.
so as i was disassembling the intake, most of the ports in the head were dripping with oil, yes dripping...the oil control has taken a downward spiral the last year or so.
getting a 2f head off the block while in the truck was quite the feat of strength.
i wanted to do a compression check before i took it apart, but got excited and forgot. last i had checked it was evenly in the 120 range.we'll see what happens after i get the fresh head on.

the block and head was missing the front locator bushing/dowel...i don't think i lost it during removal, but look around for it. otherwise i won't worry about it.

dec17B.jpg

Subscribed. I would *love* to be able to tear an engine apart and rebuild it. And weld. Welding and metal manipulation seems very satisfying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom