What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (102 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Continued work on a whole slew of interior mods for an upcoming road trip...
  • New 'black' wood grain trim
  • Relocated CDL button to the left of the wheel
  • Mounted ScanGuage on switch blanks
  • Installed fire extinguisher mount and lockbox
  • Installed Mag Light mount and lockbox
  • Passenger Chair Lift installed
  • Painted center console black and installed some RAM mounts
  • 3x 5a USB chargers
  • Center console lockbox
  • 2x APU's in console
  • Hella map light
  • Made wiring harness pig tails for 6 factory defogger switches
  • Cup holders!
Still need to label and wire up the factory switches to the sPOD, install the 300w pure sine inverter, wire up the FEM mount buttons, install the flush CB, and it goes on and on :bounce:

View attachment 1540217
View attachment 1540216
View attachment 1540214
View attachment 1540218
View attachment 1540219

What is the black arm thing next to the passenger's seat and the round ball on the passenger side?

They want $319/day for a 900cc two seater. I think I will opt for the $39 corolla and drive to canyon lands and take pics from the road. The 80 should be on Hells Revenge Thursday. :)

My son and I remember almost every moment about that Moab trip and our time on the Razor. I had forgotten how much it cost till you reminded me. Lesson?

http://photos.app.goo.gl/LEpxxy3sdjHOJEN72

https://photos.app.goo.gl/LEpxxy3sdjHOJEN72

LEpxxy3sdjHOJEN72

Loaded her up with some hay and topsoil for some yardwork.

Decided to remove the stock sub(it was so cute.....) and needed a place for my air compressor. I measured and thought it would fit, and then I had an idea on a chuck location, the old jumper seatbelt beaker location. So I started making some templates.

View attachment 1540402

View attachment 1540403

View attachment 1540404

View attachment 1540405

View attachment 1540406

Somebody is not really paying close attention here.

Wits' End Accessory Mounting Quarter Panel- need input

It's not the prettiest thing, but practical. Also disappears from prying eyes. Should stay clean too. Cover needed the two keepers removed, but I could drill holes in the body if I want, put screws in new holes and put those back in. But this is zero holes or grinding or anything to the body, just one hole drilled into the plastic(including a accidental hole next to the real hole). Gotta cut a switch in somewhere, not sure if I'll do it on the dash or on the back.

When I put an air locker in, I'll run a switch on the dash.

Anyone done this? I'm sure it'll be loud, I could put poly stuffing in there, but then I'd be worried about it heating up.

IMG_4282.JPG

IMG_4283.JPG

IMG_4284.JPG

What is the black arm thing next to the passenger's seat and the round ball on the passenger side?

Black arm is the flex arm of the Hella map light, the red filter on the light is great when the passenger has to work during the trip.

Round ball is a 1" RAM mount. I use it for various things with a long arm extension, but primiarily put it there to cover a hole in the console. You can see where I plugged up quite a few smaller holes nearby as well.

Last edited:
Continued work on a whole slew of interior mods for an upcoming road trip...
  • New 'black' wood grain trim
  • Relocated CDL button to the left of the wheel
  • Mounted ScanGuage on switch blanks
  • Installed fire extinguisher mount and lockbox
  • Installed Mag Light mount and lockbox
  • Passenger Chair Lift installed
  • Painted center console black and installed some RAM mounts
  • 3x 5a USB chargers
  • Center console lockbox
  • 2x APU's in console
  • Hella map light
  • Made wiring harness pig tails for 6 factory defogger switches
  • Cup holders!
Still need to label and wire up the factory switches to the sPOD, install the 300w pure sine inverter, wire up the FEM mount buttons, install the flush CB, and it goes on and on :bounce:

View attachment 1540217
View attachment 1540216
View attachment 1540214
View attachment 1540218
View attachment 1540219

Hope you don't mind but I'm stealing these photos :flipoff2:

I won't lie the Moab RZR rental is a lot of fun. Done it twice. We call it the "Texas wheelchair"

By the way, you need to pollish up your graphic placement skills. I think the Wit's End logo ended up on the rear side of almost every fitment.
:p
Not a problem here. :p:D
IMG_6906.JPG

You people.

:rolleyes:

Decided to remove the stock sub(it was so cute.....) and needed a place for my air compressor. I measured and thought it would fit, and then I had an idea on a chuck location, the old jumper seatbelt beaker location. So I started making some templates.

View attachment 1540402

View attachment 1540403

View attachment 1540404

View attachment 1540405

View attachment 1540406

Shoulda called @NLXTACY for the latest Wits End toy....... Would've saved you hours of work......

EDIT: Posted before I read everyone else telling him the same.....

Free is good!

Shoulda called @NLXTACY for the latest Wits End toy....... Would've saved you hours of work......

EDIT: Posted before I read everyone else telling him the same.....

Free is good!

Yeah I definitely don't want to push my stuff onto anyone and I also don't want to discourage others fabricating their own stuff regardless of the crap I make. Its purpose built. Rock on!

Things I learned.

1. Don't put insulation from edge to edge. Leave room for the trim.

2. It takes a lot longer than you think. Especially if you have to go back and trim the edges. :doh:

3. The thermozite does bulk you up. Additional insulation is hard to fit in there so don't plan on adding much more.

4. Gray carpet from a >95 is lighter than a 94.

5. When removing the cargo carpet, remove from back to front. The front is attached with the same snap grommets as the second row interior steps. If you pull them out, you will strip them. I fixed mine with some JB Weld and #10 screw retainers.

View attachment 1507613

6. It is a bit of work to do the same with the step grommets. You have to sand the epoxy to the point you loose strength. Mine are holding, but I expect they will fail with use.

View attachment 1507616

Now to flush the AC system and install a new compressor and expansion valve.

Yep, I'm just a tinkerer. It gives me something to do in the evenings. The carpet grommets will hold. If my step grommet experiment fails I'll buy Wit's End ones.

Woo-Hoo, my epoxied step nut/grommets lasted about a month. In reality, only one has failed so far, but time to throw in the towel. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom