Hanna Quality Interior Cargo Carriers ! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have a full height Milford barrier in my truck. Will these clear it on the forward edge? I.e. what is the minimum distance between the most top forward point on these in relation to the 2nd row seat backs?

FirstToy's picture in post #36... Can you take one like this with the 2nd row set in place?

Thank you.

Gench,
Does the milford go to the floor behind the 2nd row all the way across? It probably is not compatible.
You can see in the photo it about ends at the cut line of the plastic panel, very close to the seatback.

its close less than an inch
seat clearance.jpg
seat side.jpg

Last edited:
I have a full height Milford barrier in my truck. Will these clear it on the forward edge? I.e. what is the minimum distance between the most top forward point on these in relation to the 2nd row seat backs?

FirstToy's picture in post #36... Can you take one like this with the 2nd row set in place?

Thank you.

possibly there is a quarter inch of space at the highest point forward end of the rack in relation to the back of the seat.

Last edited:
possibly there is a quarter inch of space at the highest point forward end of the rack in relation to the back of the seat.

Hmm. I don't think that is going to work then. I think the Milford would rub on it or interfere. How hard would it be for me to move the basket back 1" or so? Is it just drilling a couple of new mounting holes in the basket or is there more to it than that? I.e. are the basket and the mounting frame two parts or is it a single welded unit?

Hmm. I don't think that is going to work then. I think the Milford would rub on it or interfere. How hard would it be for me to move the basket back 1" or so? Is it just drilling a couple of new mounting holes in the basket or is there more to it than that? I.e. are the basket and the mounting frame two parts or is it a single welded unit?

This is getting too complicated, just send the Milford to me :)

Yes they are two pieces. Its been a while since I mounted mine but from memory there are 4 mounting bolts holding the basket on the sub-frame that connects to the factory seat bracket and floor bolts. By drilling a few extra holes its possible to move the baskets back a little. However by doing so you probably will not be able to remove the storage panel on the drivers side as its already hard to get that in and out.

This is getting too complicated, just send the Milford to me :)
Actually, not to hijack this thread, but I can arrange that if you have the $$$.
https://forum.ih8mud.com/sale-parts/341312-new-box-80-series-milford-cargo-barrier.html

Yes they are two pieces. Its been a while since I mounted mine but from memory there are 4 mounting bolts holding the basket on the sub-frame that connects to the factory seat bracket and floor bolts. By drilling a few extra holes its possible to move the baskets back a little. However by doing so you probably will not be able to remove the storage panel on the drivers side as its already hard to get that in and out.

That might work well for me then. I was considering doing one of these with a basket on the PS and then seeing if Hanna was willing to part with an unpainted base portion (no basket) for the DS - it might be a solid starting point for a fridge swing out idea that I have (not slide - swing.)

Thanks!

Thanks but too rich for my blood.

Interesting you've thought of a fridge swing, I have been having the same thoughts myself I think you'd want the hinge closer to the rear of the vehicle. Hanna's base could offer a good starting point but if you have the means to build from there than starting from scratch should not be an issue either. Unless adding the basket would be in the future plan.

Last edited:
Gench,
It's actually made with such things in mind. The base of the HQ carriers is a great platform to bolt whatever you imagine onto.
The mounting design is great. Super solid. I had the idea of laying a sheet across for a platform but we came up with a better idea- just have to find time for to make it.

Thanks but too rich for my blood.
That seems to be a common response these days. Where I have it priced, I'm not making money off of it - just recouping my investment.

Interesting you've thought of a fridge swing, I have been having the same thoughts myself I think you'd want the hinge closer to the rear of the vehicle. Hanna's base could offer a good starting point but if you have the means to build from there than starting from scratch should not be an issue either. Unless adding the basket would be in the future plan.
The main advantage, as I see it, with starting with the Hanna base is to not have to spend all the time fabricating the mounting system - he's already done that.

Gench,
It's actually made with such things in mind. The base of the HQ carriers is a great platform to bolt whatever you imagine onto.
The mounting design is great. Super solid. I had the idea of laying a sheet across for a platform but we came up with a better idea- just have to find time for to make it.

Very nice - then I might be able to get just the base. That would be very cool. Of course, the next question... does anyone have a picture of an installed base without a basket so I can start sketching up ideas? There may be one - I haven't searched yet.

Thanks!

^^^yeah, dang I missed out...I broke a rib & have been delirious lately, but I'm interested in a PS rack.

Wow...limited edition....glad I got one when I did!

Ken, I heard that you are kinda shutting down the shop/maybe moving it? Is this true? I planned on gettting sliders from you at some point since you are in town.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom