What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (39 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

had some fun pulling my tired 2F, 3spd and t-case. next week in goes a newer 2f from a wagon along with a 4spd ( hooray for syncro'd 1st gear and hwy speeds!).

had some fun pulling my tired 2F, 3spd and t-case. next week in goes a newer 2f from a wagon along with a 4spd ( hooray for syncro'd 1st gear and hwy speeds!).

Top gear is still 1:1, so highway cruising will still be at the same RPM, but 1st synchro is great and 4 ratios instead of 3 is a nicer driving experience.

drove it to work (as i do most days) and put in a new rad.
+30C weather is awesome!;)

crusty
dec 08 001 (Medium).jpg
dec 08 002 (Medium).jpg
dec 08 003 (Medium).jpg

drove it to work . and will do so the rest of the week. We are getting hit with a nasty winter storm. The worst will hit us Wednesday

Started it.....let it come up to temp.....i do that once a week in the winter...... Mine just sits in the garage and looks out into the snow, remembering days when it was allowed to romp in the salty stuff.....

installed a water bottle cage in my 62 so that when I am working out of the back I am not always misplacing and spilling my beer,,,should work well for when I am sleeping in the back on trips, for finding that water bottle at night,,,

Installed air manifold, reconnected exhaust to exhaust manifold, reconnected exhaust bypass, torqued exhaust/intake manifold, installed newly rebuilt carb. retorqued valve cover.

This weekend I modified my seat cradle to make the passenger side seat able to pivot foward to make getting in the back seat easier. Also plumbed my fuel tank, wired the fuel pump and sender. After that fired it up and heard the 4.3 roar like a champ. First time I've ever heard that motor run since I bought it. I got video on my phone and been showing everyone I know like a fool. This truck is 4 years in the making, I'm a bit excited to see the end is near. :cheers:

Rear ARB

Decided to go ahead and get the rear locked with an ARB, thanks to TPI's sale last week and TN Offroad's installation.

Sliders hopefully will be delivered by Friday. Going on the STLCA ride the 2nd & 3rd.

Notice a drip from Orion and thought about putting down some kitty litter and stuffin a shop towel into drain plug area til I can't get it properly.

Ground off the drivers side front shock mount. Still looking for a place to flex it up so I can measure for new shocks. Haven't seen anything nearby that I'll be able to drive to.

Finally reinstalled my top and painted the doors in preparation for my new weatherstripping. OK, that was last week. It's been in the teens most of this week.....
45 icy.jpg
45 roofon.jpg

Ground off the drivers side front shock mount. Still looking for a place to flex it up so I can measure for new shocks. Haven't seen anything nearby that I'll be able to drive to.

Easiest way to flex it is with a forklift.

Ok this weekend I fixed a t/c, leak brake leak, oil leak, and ordered a rebuild kit for my clutch master (from advanced auto parts $28 bucks). Today I am building some front diff protection and working on my cruiser/mini/ff centered rear axle.

I love my cruiser!

Slowly slowly getting my old-skool Belleview winch hooked up; this weekend I drilled a hole in the firewall and got the handles mounted under the dash. The clutch and brake cables are on the winch, still trying to figure out where on the inner right fender to put the "big switch".

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom