Builds HDJ79 build #2: 2022 double cab with FTE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ya....
They absolutely love those stickers in the Middle East, they'll keep them up on vehicles as long as possible. That, and all the plastic on the seats, door cards, shifters - anywhere possible. And also the parts numbers labels on any parts they've had to replace.

like homies with the stickers still on their new baseball caps.....
im of the other camp....i rip the screen protective covers off the minute i get something new

Also, this big boy arrived. UFI21L.

I need to send some injectors off to be rebuilt to +30, unless someone out there in MUDland has a set and wants a set of stock 65,000km FTE injectors.

IMG_0575.jpeg

In small parts news, I found these on ye olde eBay. I need to see if there is a suitable connector in the harness. Otherwise I need to find a suitable pigtail to wire it in.

IMG_0579.jpeg
IMG_0578.jpeg
IMG_0577.jpeg

IMG_0580.jpeg

IMG_0580.jpeg

In small parts news, I found these on ye olde eBay. I need to see if there is a suitable connector in the harness. Otherwise I need to find a suitable pigtail to wire it in.

I think I've tracked down the matching plug and pigtails for that charger:

90980-12D25 plug
82998-24290 pigtail x 2

I'll be ordering soon and let you know if pans out.

Andrew

PS: Some more information on charger options and plug details:

Last edited:

View attachment 3365424View attachment 3365426View attachment 3365427
View attachment 3365428

View attachment 3365429
I like the fact that the example you ordered has a "USB-C" smaller style plug as I recently had to replace my 5 yr old phone with an s22 and it came with a charge cord (no charge block) with the smaller connector on both ends. I was like - WTF am I supposed to do with this?? lol

I also happen to have one spot on my 70 series panel that has a blank that might just fit that. Will be watching with interest.... thanks for sharing!

Long time no talk, build thread. Can we still be friends?

Lots of stuff has happened this summer. But today a friend in Canada took delivery of the floor wiring harness that I literally couldn’t find in about 15 other places around the world. So stoked.

71975735955__E7790179-CE75-41E4-AA54-5C99AC8AD662.jpeg

They absolutely love those stickers in the Middle East, they'll keep them up on vehicles as long as possible. That, and all the plastic on the seats, door cards, shifters - anywhere possible. And also the parts numbers labels on any parts they've had to replace.

That's great. Sound like a bunch of 'Mudders. I wonder if there's a website over there called IH8SAND?

IMG_2148.jpeg
IMG_2149.jpeg
IMG_2150.jpeg
THE EAGLE HAS LANDED.

Nate is not impressed.

The plug I am holding is the vaunted right rear door power window switch. Now the real question, is what powers the left rear door switches? I will look into that this weekend.

Solid work buddy! Love the double cab 😍

the left plug should be very similar to the 6 pole your holding coming out the front cowls near the fuse boxes on mine that’s where it’s located driver side

Looks like it may be

82163-60482

WIRE, FLOOR, NO. 3.

IMG_2153.jpeg

I just read this thread entirely. This is a really cool project!
Thanks for posting some tech info about the H152 swap, it will be helpful for myself once I get my transmission.
Excited to see how this build finishes.

@mt72 - it actually shows up at my local Toyota dealer as available…I’ll check in with my parts guy after Tuesday.

And it’s not available, time to check in with Canadian friends.

YES. If you’ve got plug part numbers I can just build my own! Bonus points if the plug has pigtails, or a link to the appropriate terminals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom