What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (61 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Installed a Kaon roof shelf with full mole panel sides. Ordered direct from Kaon and was shocked how cheap it was. The AUS-USD exchange rate is awesome rn. Shipping was crazy fast too - ordered last week and it arrived today.

Looks good. How much was shipping, and did you get the checkout to actually give you a quote? I added the shelf to cart (AUD $572.73) and entered my details but it says No shipping methods are available for the selected location.

Looks good. How much was shipping, and did you get the checkout to actually give you a quote? I added the shelf to cart (AUD $572.73) and entered my details but it says No shipping methods are available for the selected location.

I contacted Kaon directly - their website is messed up and doesn’t allow checkout when shipping to the US. But I reached out to them and they placed the order manually then sent me user credentials to use for checkout. Total with shipping was $567 USD.

Cheaper to go to Kaon directly and likely faster shipping, which is surprising.
Looking at it again, all the Kaon stuff appears to be out of stock.
My bad, I just knew at one time we had a supplier here in the states.

I swapped the rear 2723 springs for 2724. While at it, I ran new air line for the bags and replaced a leaky fitting. Also installed DuroBumps front and rear. The hardware that came with the rear bumps was too short. So quick visit to hardware store for longer bolts.
2724.jpg

Rear.jpg

front.jpg

Still in the process of baselining my 2008 that I picked up last year. Finally had my detailer put a ceramic coat on it. Not cheap, but it really made the Amazon Green color pop.

Changed all of the rotors and brake pads with OEM that I picked up last year during one of the great online sales. I live at the top of a long hill, so I assume that I will be going through lots of brake parts. I probably should have installed the Tundra kit on the front, but I already had these parts laying around. It will be interesting to see how long these last.

I don't see how it would be cheaper? LRA is an authorized resale in the US, shipping costs of individual items from Kaon direct is huge. Has anyone spoken to LRA to determine when their shipments are coming in?

Plus one for going with Kaon directly. Last time I ordered from longrangeamerica it took forever. The original "couple of weeks" estimate ended up being ~5 months.

Still in the process of baselining my 2008 that I picked up last year. Finally had my detailer put a ceramic coat on it. Not cheap, but it really made the Amazon Green color pop.

Changed all of the rotors and brake pads with OEM that I picked up last year during one of the great online sales. I live at the top of a long hill, so I assume that I will be going through lots of brake parts. I probably should have installed the Tundra kit on the front, but I already had these parts laying around. It will be interesting to see how long these last.
Think engine braking!

I don't see how it would be cheaper? LRA is an authorized resale in the US, shipping costs of individual items from Kaon direct is huge. Has anyone spoken to LRA to determine when their shipments are coming in?
I have ordered direct from Kaon four times. Each time has been a flawless experience. Shipping rates have been very reasonable. I wouldn't hesitate to order direct from them again.

Be sure to keep it in a lower gear before you gain speed rather than downshifting once you're at a higher speed. It is my understanding that shocking the clutches in the transmission that way can lead to premature failure. I suspect replacing a transmission is more costly than replacing brake parts. I'm sure this forum will have plenty of opinions to share with you about proper braking technique.;)

I've ordered from Kaon many times in the past, longest wait I ever experience was nine days and that was still better than most stateside vendors.

I recently bought the Pet Barrier from KAON and when I reached out to LRA about getting one they told me to contact Kaon directly to order. I did and was pleasantly surprised how easy and fast the product arrived

I have a brand new set of kaon full size molle panels in the garage in the original box. If interested just PM me. I started to assemble and realized they cover my usb and 12v charging ports in the passenger side third row cup holders. I assembled the brackets but did not fully install.

It’s cheaper because of the exchange rate. I got full sides and roof shelf shipped to my door in less than a week for $567.29.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom