Builds 2021 LC200 HE Build (Sven) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DesmoPilot

SILVER Star
Threads
Finally getting around to starting my build thread. First off, would like to thank Eric Sargeant for getting this vehicle for me! Placed the order back in the summer and took delivery Jan 7th, 2021. This is my first LC, although have owned many Toyotas over the years.

I started ordering parts a few months ago and finally started the installation process this past weekend. The delivery guys from UPS, Fedex and freight services are now on first name basis...haha

Below is a summary list. I will post more details on each topic as I do the installs. Only thing I am not doing myself is the gear setup. Same guy has been doing my gear installs for 15 years, so I just let him do them.

• Suspension
    • Old Man Emu BP-51
    • 2723 2724 OME Rear springs
    • Icon rear trailing arms
    • Icon UCA
    • Firestone air bags w/ Airlift Wireless
  • Armor
    • ARB Summit front bumper
    • Slee rear bumper(waiting for restock on this) -> Kaymar rear bumper with dual swings(coming Sept'21)
    • Slee sliders
    • Budbuilt full aluminum skid package powder coated to match bumper
    • Budbuilt stainless rear shock guards -> Kaon stainless shock guards
  • Drivetrain
    • ARB air lockers front and rear wired to factory 80 series locker switch
    • Nitro 4.30s Cryo'd and REM polished
    • Sourced a front 3rd member from a 2014 since ARB doesn't have a part for the '16+.
    • ARB breather kit
    • Safari Snorkel
    • 24g Long Range America tank coated in Line-X (Holley red fuel pump, Fragola fittings and hose)
  • Wheels/tires
    • KMC717 (17x8.5, +18mm) -> AlphaEquipt Commander (17x8.5, +35mm)
    • Toyo AT3 285/75-17C BFG KO2 285/75-17E
  • Storage
    • Trekboxx System Bravo
    • Prinsu Roof Rack with grab handles/Baja Designs lighting
    • Kaon roof shelf
  • Recovery
    • Warn Zeon 12s Platinum with Factor55 offset 1.5" fairlead, Factor55 Ultrahook and rope guard.
    • ARB Jack
  • Electrical
    • Slee Group 31 mount
    • Slee billet battery terminals
    • Deka 7T31P battery
    • Switch Pro with Slee dash mounting bracket
    • Power Trays mounting plate mounted onto Slee compressor mount
    • Blue Sea USB, etc
    • RedArc V3 Trailer Brake Controller
    • Midland MXT275
    • Baja Designs (rock lights for under and Prinsu rack handles, S1's for rear dust lighting)
    • ARB Solis driving lights
    • Anderson connector in rear for powering Patriot X1-H trailer
    • Carista OBD
  • Appearance and exterior
    • Chrome Delete (Thank you Eric)
    • Prestige Spectra Photosync IRD window tint
    • Xpel PPF on hood and rockers
    • Paint correction with CeramicPro Gold
    • OEM LC200 window vents
  • Interior
    • Gamiviti Dash Plate
    • 67D mounts
    • Garmin Tread Overland Edition
    • Blue Ridge Overland seat back panels with multiple pouches
  • Misc
    • ARB Twin Air Compressor with Pump Up Kit
    • Slee compressor mount used for electrical
    • Slee Accessory Mount Kit used for ARB Twin compressor
    • Jowett filter housing and EZ drains

Delivery.jpg

Last edited:
Storage

Installed the Prinsu over the weekend as it was something easy I could crank out in between activities with my kids.

I used the Rhino Rack seals for mounting the Prinsu feet.

rack front view.jpg

rack.jpg

Rhino seals.jpg

Rhino seals2.jpg

dr2.jpg

storage1.jpg

storage2.jpg

Last edited:
Drivetrain

Safari Snorkel

Differentials regeared with Nitro 4.30s that have been cryo'd and REM polished. ARB 151 and 152 air lockers installed. In order to do this in a 2016+, a front clamshell and rear diff housing from a pre-16 must be sourced. I found a clamshell from a 2014 at a reasonable price and the rear housing came from Nitro when I ordered the gears/lockers.

Template.jpeg
snork1.jpeg
snork2.jpeg

rear diff.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a solid plan! Can't wait to see it done! I'm interested in what you settle for with the awning. I was reading a thread about how the shadow may have rub issues if you want to open the rear lift gate. I saw a good review of the Bush and 23zero may be another good option. Can't wait to see more. I'll be starting my thread shortly.

Hey awesome build. I was just today by my 4x4 shop that ARB doesn't make a fitment (yet) for the Summit Bumper on a 2021. He said that there was some small change from 2020 that doesn't allow it to fit on the 2021 Have you found or been told different?

Hey awesome build. I was just today by my 4x4 shop that ARB doesn't make a fitment (yet) for the Summit Bumper on a 2021. He said that there was some small change from 2020 that doesn't allow it to fit on the 2021 Have you found or been told different?
I have not heard that and have not heard of any model changes at the front of the LC200. My bumper has been sitting here for two months now, but haven't had a chance to do the install yet. I am shooting for the last weekend of March for the install. I am going to finish up the LRA 24g and gear/locker install first.

I have not heard that and have not heard of any model changes at the front of the LC200. My bumper has been sitting here for two months now, but haven't had a chance to do the install yet. I am shooting for the last weekend of March for the install. I am going to finish up the LRA 24g and gear/locker install first.
I just got off the phone with ARB and they said "We haven't confirmed fitment yet so sensors etc might not match up." Which kinda sounds like corporate speak for it probably will but haven't officially tried yet. Excited to see your build posts

Much rubbing?
How do you like the wheel/tire set up?
Unfortunately, I have not driven it other than home from the tire shop that day. I will start driving it around the end of May once I have the suspension worked out and the front bumper installed.

I will say in the couple of mile drive home they were very smooth and quiet.

I just got off the phone with ARB and they said "We haven't confirmed fitment yet so sensors etc might not match up." Which kinda sounds like corporate speak for it probably will but haven't officially tried yet. Excited to see your build posts

Truck looks great! I just got a 2021 Heritage edition as well. 4.30 and 35s are perfect. The 16+ (us models) have the 8-speed which doesn't have is tall of an overdrive as the prior six-speed. For this reason you don't need to go to 4.88

2016 + Land Cruiser with 8-speed transmission come with a 3.31 gear ratio. In order to read gear you would use our standard gear package along with an rd152, rear pinion flange and third member housing. On the front if you are regearing to 4:30 or 488 then you would use the rd151 air locker and no housing is required. The difference on the front is the differential case not the third member housing.
As for if you're running stock gear ratio on a 16 + 200 series with 8-speed trans. Then you would use Rd152 on the rear, but the locker would not fit on the front because tge 3.31 differential case has a different offset. This would have nothing to do with swapping the third member housing / clamshell as all fronts are the same.

Tech Note:
*2016 & Newer 200 Series and LX570 equipped with an 8 speed Automatic Transmission will also require an older type Dropout Housing USEDOTLC and Pinion Flange YOKT60060, and the appropriate offset front carrier or locker NC-T9R-COM or RD151.

Looks great!

Slee sliders installed. This was more tedious than expected. Appears the 2021 doesn’t have the nurserts installed in the frame except for two holding the Brake line. Each side required twelve nurserts to be installed. The ones at top of frame are impossible to drill, so I used some 6mm nutserts I had that fit the stock hole.
Also found that using a step bit to drill up to 1/2” and then the 17/32” was a quicker process.

5524BE75-1396-4D61-B840-462588E62FBB.jpeg

0A2E363D-AE05-479E-B869-8D45C5A05144.jpeg

Truck is awesome.

Did you run those wheels and tires without a lift? What did you need to modify/cut to fit them?

Truck is awesome.

Did you run those wheels and tires without a lift? What did you need to modify/cut to fit them?
Thank you!

I only drove it home from the tire shop, which was only a couple of miles. Other than that, it's been sitting in the garage for six months while I have been slowly working on it.

Now that the suspension is on, I have an appointment Thursday for getting it all aligned. I will start to drive it some after that.

Much rubbing?
How do you like the wheel/tire set up?
Quick update on tires. I got it aligned on Thursday, so have now officially started driving it.

As it sits right now, have zero rubbing. I don't have the front mudflaps on, so not sure of the clearance there. But, I do plan to put them back on and see how it goes. Tires are quiet and smooth.

Installed Redarc Tow Pro Elite v3 and Switch Pros on a Slee dash mount.

View attachment 2691000

View attachment 2691001
How are you liking that switch pro and slee dash mount - just ordered those both up for mine. Considered going ARB lynx but I don't like how you have to run a cable to charge out the side and its just expensive all of the little add ons you have to get.

How are you liking that switch pro and slee dash mount - just ordered those both up for mine. Considered going ARB lynx but I don't like how you have to run a cable to charge out the side and its just expensive all of the little add ons you have to get.
I have used Switch-Pro in previously builds, so I am happy with them. I know Switch-Pro recommends direct wire splice, but I much prefer to use a terminal junction. In my experience it is cleaner and easier to manage all of the wires. I used a Power Tray(stand-off model with custom length power and ground cables) mounted onto a Slee compressor mount.

Regarding the Slee dash mount, great! I had planned to make something similar and they saved me the time. :)

SP9100.jpg

elec.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom