What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (76 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hopefully tracked down and fixed my last 2 coolant leaks and while cleaning my windshield I heard the distinct "crunch" sound from my cowl. Decided to remove it and wow..... few min vacuuming and cleaning and she's good to go..

Check your cowl people leaves and water are not a good combo in there 😕

View attachment 2695961

View attachment 2695962

View attachment 2695963
You inspired me. The oaks sure drop!

3E472F15-BE2A-4097-9BE2-1E482F3ED049.jpeg

5F5BBD68-6777-4A3D-BA67-A8A0EEF3B624.jpeg

Helping a friend find a 80 and he sent me this picture. It is from a 94.
EE20CE0D-42C4-435D-A77C-93E9865D3F5B.png

The black box attached to the air box with the coolant hose. Is that stock? I dont have this on my LX and never saw this in any other vehicle with a 1FZ

Helping a friend find a 80 and he sent me this picture. It is from a 94.
View attachment 2698110
The black box attached to the air box with the coolant hose. Is that stock? I dont have this on my LX and never saw this in any other vehicle with a 1FZ
Yes. Stock on ‘93-94 only. Part of the PAIR/emissions system.

- Finished pluming the F/R diffs, Transfer case transmission breathers.
- installed front SLEE DC shaft.
- Had the front DS wheel off and for some reason decided to do the wit's end PHH kit, sucked but done. Cut the middle mount off and pulled the bolt after. It's staying off.... broke the heater valve while removing the upper hose. ordered a new one. Was pretty crispy and brittle.
- Installed a wit's end triple spray nozzle kit. Wiper motors really need to be next. spray pattern much better but I think it empties half a gallon before one pass of the sloooooow blades now LOL.
- flushed the coolant.
- drained the engine oil. Still waiting for the Rotella to show...
- scraped and scrubbed more crud on the underside working my way back.
Front underside about done, hope to have the steering back on next weekend. @Delta VS any chance to get some newly added steering box reinforcement brackets out to a customer to trial way before the July release date? I seems to always pull the trigger just before you launch something... :doh:
View attachment 2696598

Freight company's SUCK....2-3 days looking like 8-9...
View attachment 2696599
waiting on this^^^^
And decided to remove the old Delta to install the new Delta :rolleyes:
Had a new front grill I was going to paint and decided to give the chrome a try, minus the sombrero. Hate chrome. 1 of 3 collectors edition upgrades no more, at least it's not pitted.
View attachment 2696601
White line or factory sway bars?

Added a diode to the new Hopkins trailer wiring harness to stop it from kicking cruise control off when I signaled. Figured it was back-feeding the brake circuit through the box due to the LEDs? Don’t judge me on my soldering skills (or lack thereof).
1D35B346-D484-446F-AA87-C3D812C26E3F.jpeg

Added a diode to the new Hopkins trailer wiring harness to stop it from kicking cruise control off when I signaled. Figured it was back-feeding the brake circuit through the box due to the LEDs? Don’t judge me on my soldering skills (or lack thereof).
View attachment 2698247

I need to do this, what kind of diode did you use?

White line or factory sway bars?
30mm Superpro from Cruiser outfitters. I probably should have gone white line but was ordering some other parts at the time so decided on a one stop shop. Color was terrible, you can just see the bushings, they matched the bar....

Temporary fix for the rattle sound on the 4x4Labs rear swing out. I have some adhesive felt pieces I place where the metal comes in contact, but once the felt is matted down, it starts to squeak. I'm hoping the industrial rubber bands + felt can be put on during off road trips so the rig sounds less like a junker ;). Works out quite well on my shake test. Open to suggestions for those that have found a more permanent solution for the Labs dual.

Oh yeah - shoutout to @Outsane for the Tow Receiver plug. It does a great job hiding the rust in the hole. Love this thing! (Also put bands around it to prevent rattle)

*sorry my pictures are so large 🤷‍♂️

1623280113225.png
1623280222670.png

1623280130107.png

Temporary fix for the rattle sound on the 4x4Labs rear swing out. I have some adhesive felt pieces I place where the metal comes in contact, but once the felt is matted down, it starts to squeak. I'm hoping the industrial rubber bands + felt can be put on during off road trips so the rig sounds less like a junker ;). Works out quite well on my shake test. Open to suggestions for those that have found a more permanent solution for the Labs dual.

Oh yeah - shoutout to @Outsane for the Tow Receiver plug. It does a great job hiding the rust in the hole. Love this thing! (Also put bands around it to prevent rattle)

*sorry my pictures are so large 🤷‍♂️

View attachment 2699303View attachment 2699308
View attachment 2699305

On both my 4x4 labs rear bumper and slee rear bumper (same type of latches) I have found that adjusting the latch until it is very tight got rid of my rattles. By very tight I mean so tight that I almost cannot close the latch.

My process is to tighten the latch until I cannot close it, than I will loosen the nuts half a turn at a time until I can close it.

On both my 4x4 labs rear bumper and slee rear bumper (same type of latches) I have found that adjusting the latch until it is very tight got rid of my rattles. By very tight I mean so tight that I almost cannot close the latch.

My process is to tighten the latch until I cannot close it, than I will loosen the nuts half a turn at a time until I can close it.
This.

Mine came this way. Its hard as balls to close, kind of pisses me off. I was thinking about loosening it, but I guess I'll just put up with it after reading this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom