Pretty quiet in here... what are you working on? (24 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Buellering it must not have been enough.

For you youngsters, that is a reference to the movie Ferris Bueller's Day Off where they take his buddy's dad's vintage Ferrari out for the day then put it on blocks, in reverse, and try to roll back the miles...unsuccessfully.
Oh they tried hard to hide it the service rep changed the check in miles to reflect they drove it just over 1 mile wile it was in for service.:censor:

In case you guys do not make it to the 40 forum, I am putting together another 40, hope to have it ready for Fall Crawl, I had a great time in my 82 at CMCC but it is really to nice to wheel. This one will be a wheeler! I am running out of time.....

Saw that. Who did your sheet metal?
Local source near me. I should have a set at the swap meet that Stump is getting. I might be able to have more made by then.

1) Glad you are Ok Bart. Stick it to the other guys insurance company.

2) all car dealers suck. I had to take a Chebby truck to Country Chevrolet in Warrenton VA in for a service issue on the diesel DEF system. The truck sat for 5 weeks while there was a national back order on the part. I got the truck back the Tuesday after memorial day finally after complaining to GM corporate.
3 days after I get the truck back I start getting letters from the VDOT hot lanes about all the fines the truck racked up over the Memorial day weekend, than about a week after that get letters from DC about the red light camera tickets it got in DC......
I go to the dealership and was shown the video where it "disappeared" during a power outage in the lot Friday then "reappeared" early tues AM after Memorial day.
They have no idea who took it...I told them to go impregnate themselves and then start off by paying every ticket it incurred.
Onstar was able to tell me the key that was dropped off at the dealer was the key used to drive the truck all weekend and while they could not say where the truck went it had 17 hard braking events over that weekend where the brakes were applied more than 60% and was run at 100% throttle position for a total of 17 minutes.
I complained to GM corporate and they called and offered a baseline of every fluid brake pad and serpentine belt and 3 years of free maintenance.
I took them up on the offer and then took it to the Chebby dealer in Culpeper and they then sent the bill to Country chevrolet with a smile.

View attachment 2083797
I would HAMMER that place. ABSOLUTELY HAMMER THEM. It sounds like theft to me. I think you could also press charges against them/civil suit and get a tidy sum for your cruiser fund.
The fact that they tried very hard to cover it up and lie to your face should make you want to legally curb stomp them.

I would HAMMER that place. ABSOLUTELY HAMMER THEM. It sounds like theft to me. I think you could also press charges against them/civil suit and get a tidy sum for your cruiser fund.
The fact that they tried very hard to cover it up and lie to your face should make you want to legally curb stomp them.
It's in the works sort of... Since the truck is owned by a corporation ( my company) Any suit brought by the corporation has to start with a filing with the state corporation commission ( that's done) Then it has to be filed by a licenced attorney against them. ( You just can't do it yourself and I have the attorney) So maybe when it is filed they will offer up some better compensation like lifetime maintenance and some cash that will cover some ARB lockers

It's in the works sort of... Since the truck is owned by a corporation ( my company) Any suit brought by the corporation has to start with a filing with the state corporation commission ( that's done) Then it has to be filed by a licenced attorney against them. ( You just can't do it yourself and I have the attorney) So maybe when it is filed they will offer up some better compensation like lifetime maintenance and some cash that will cover some ARB lockers

Every one has a magic number. amiright?

I got my delivery notification for the sliders... but no package... the leasing office is open the same hours I'm at work, so I'll have to wait until Wednesday to check there.

Unless one of you picked up a new set of sliders today...🤔

Started painting the 4runner, then found way too many imperfections after prep and first spray. Said f this...and ordered 2gal monstaliner.

I've been on the fence for two years on what to do. Think the primer had a reaction with the adhesion promoter I put on there and bubbled a little.

all car dealers suck. I had to take a Chebby truck to Country Chevrolet in Warrenton VA in for a service issue on the diesel DEF system. The truck sat for 5 weeks while there was a national back order on the part. I got the truck back the Tuesday after memorial day finally after complaining to GM corporate.
3 days after I get the truck back I start getting letters from the VDOT hot lanes about all the fines the truck racked up over the Memorial day weekend, than about a week after that get letters from DC about the red light camera tickets it got in DC......
I go to the dealership and was shown the video where it "disappeared" during a power outage in the lot Friday then "reappeared" early tues AM after Memorial day.
They have no idea who took it...I told them to go impregnate themselves and then start off by paying every ticket it incurred.
Onstar was able to tell me the key that was dropped off at the dealer was the key used to drive the truck all weekend and while they could not say where the truck went it had 17 hard braking events over that weekend where the brakes were applied more than 60% and was run at 100% throttle position for a total of 17 minutes.
I complained to GM corporate and they called and offered a baseline of every fluid brake pad and serpentine belt and 3 years of free maintenance.
I took them up on the offer and then took it to the Chebby dealer in Culpeper and they then sent the bill to Country chevrolet with a smile.

That is insane....... what a ****ing s*** show.

If it makes you feel any better you are not alone because I just got two tickets in my name in D.C. for a motorcycle I sold in July. Luckily the guy I sold it to is honest. Tickets are for no tag and parking on a sidewalk.

Backstory... I sold the bike in July, turned my plates into the DMV, unregistered it with the DTA in Fairfax, etc. The guy I sold it to transfers it to D.C. title. Fast forward to this morning when he sent me an email saying:

"Hey Nick, I apologize for having to burden you with this the tickets shouldn’t be in your name but attached you will find the dc title in my name and the notice of infractions that we’re issued."

The illiterate cop that wrote the ticket didn't even get my address close to correct and spelled my name wrong on the tickets...... f'ing dc..... If it weren't for him being honest I'd have never known till I got booted or pulled over one day in D.C.

Now I have to send in a letter with a copy of his title proving I was not linked to the bike since July.....

That is insane....... what a f***ing s*** show.

If it makes you feel any better you are not alone because I just got two tickets in my name in D.C. for a motorcycle I sold in July. Luckily the guy I sold it to is honest. Tickets are for no tag and parking on a sidewalk.

Backstory... I sold the bike in July, turned my plates into the DMV, unregistered it with the DTA in Fairfax, etc. The guy I sold it to transfers it to D.C. title. Fast forward to this morning when he sent me an email saying:

"Hey Nick, I apologize for having to burden you with this the tickets shouldn’t be in your name but attached you will find the dc title in my name and the notice of infractions that we’re issued."

The illiterate cop that wrote the ticket didn't even get my address close to correct and spelled my name wrong on the tickets...... f'ing dc..... If it weren't for him being honest I'd have never known till I got booted or pulled over one day in D.C.

Now I have to send in a letter with a copy of his title proving I was not linked to the bike since July.....
DC parking tickets are ridiculous.
We were doing work at 8th/I ( marine barracks) and were parked at the kitchen loading dock and walked out to find one of the meter maids writing our van a ticket for parking in a alley ($65.00) I told her to hold on this is federal property and she can't write a ticket there, we are parked at the loading area not the alley . She said " yeah your right but I'm not going to void it."
Even the marine sentry on duty there said thats bull s*** she can't do that.
I took pictures went online did the appeal. it took hours out of my life emailing and filing the crap will their Parking court.
In the end I won but what a pain in the ass. I also found out the meter maids parking enforcement people are not the police at all but are part of DC public works.

New tires for Jack’s 40.

068FE202-8A08-497C-8156-261D88CF44DF.jpeg

DC parking tickets are ridiculous.
We were doing work at 8th/I ( marine barracks) and were parked at the kitchen loading dock and walked out to find one of the meter maids writing our van a ticket for parking in a alley ($65.00) I told her to hold on this is federal property and she can't write a ticket there, we are parked at the loading area not the alley . She said " yeah your right but I'm not going to void it."
Even the marine sentry on duty there said thats bull s*** she can't do that.
I took pictures went online did the appeal. it took hours out of my life emailing and filing the crap will their Parking court.
In the end I won but what a pain in the ass. I also found out the meter maids parking enforcement people are not the police at all but are part of DC public works.
Couldn’t the marine sentry arrest her for trespassing if she was on usg property and he told her to leave?

Couldn’t the marine sentry arrest her for trespassing if she was on usg property and he told her to leave?

If he REALLY gave a s*** he could have explained to her she could not ticket the car. It was on Federal USMC property and She had no jurisdiction. But he really didn’t care and/or didn’t want the confrontation.

DC parking sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom