Pretty quiet in here... what are you working on? (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If he REALLY gave a s*** he could have explained to her she could not ticket the car. It was on Federal USMC property and She had no jurisdiction. But he really didn’t care and/or didn’t want the confrontation.

DC parking sucks.
He was all about doing as little as possible.

Since I need to get my drive shaft retubed and I can't really measure it in its current state (it was a hair or 2 short in my opinion any way) anyone got any measuring suggestions? Like a simple static +/- x". I don't necessarily believe that static and flexed does much of any thing. Maybe just full droop and take a 2nd measure.?

Since I need to get my drive shaft retubed and I can't really measure it in its current state (it was a hair or 2 short in my opinion any way) anyone got any measuring suggestions? Like a simple static +/- x". I don't necessarily believe that static and flexed does much of any thing. Maybe just full droop and take a 2nd measure.?

I just changed mine out for a bigger ujoint and it is an inch shorter. And has 1.5 inches of compression travel.

Got one end done! I wanted to use Allen cap screws on the cover but they were back ordered.
5A06BFFD-3411-4480-9A50-32F954EA4249.jpeg

Painted it orang to see were the leak is my bet is the rear main. That’s not getting changed.
image.jpg

Last edited:
That's a nice oil pan skid.

I was going to flatten it out a bit but why mess with greatness!!
As far as I know it an original F oil pan.
I don’t remember if the 2F bolts all have Safty wire on them. They don’t build them like this anymore!

I meant to stop over there but kept forgetting and I want to get this done. There in now. I’ll change them out after they get rock rash.

Got one end done! I wanted to use Allen cap screws on the cover but they were back ordered.
View attachment 2088202
Painted it orang to see were the leak is my bet is the rear main. That’s not getting changed.View attachment 2088282
You might check with Poser's posts. IIRC, he dropped the oil pan, removed the last bearing cap, and exposed the main seal. Pull out with fingers and swap for a new one. Good luck.

I have a write up on R&R the oil pan if interested.

Just swapped out pinion ends of my current driveshaft and I'm probably going to have @OTRAMM retube the busted one and get a new pinion yoke for the Tom Woods one so I'll have 2 back ups, just in case.

You might check with Poser's posts. IIRC, he dropped the oil pan, removed the last bearing cap, and exposed the main seal. Pull out with fingers and swap for a new one. Good luck.

I have a write up on R&R the oil pan if interested.

Can he take his underwear off without taking off his pants too? Just Kidding. I couldn't help myself.
As far as I can figure, having done a couple of these, you still have to separate the transmission from the engine to remove/install the main seal.

Can he take his underwear off without taking off his pants too? Just Kidding. I couldn't help myself.
As far as I can figure, having done a couple of these, you still have to separate the transmission from the engine to remove/install the main seal.

Hmmm. Good point. My memory probably needs tweaking. Here's the thread I referenced, it does indeed look like the tranny has been removed. My bad.

Got confirmation that my skids are shipped out
Along with finally getting the rear hatch release shipped.
Hopefully I don't burn everything down with the wiring

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom