What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (45 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Took my 98 LC out to McLean Creek.
McLean Creek Off Highway Vehicle | AEP - Environment and Parks
Added some pin stripes and had a great buffet lunch.

7F961FC9-1E13-40CC-ADCA-F7921875E11D.jpeg

Mfr? Toyota?
I normally go with Toyota for the brakes but this rig is getting old and I wanted to get this done so I just grabbed the best stuff my local AutoZone had and slapped it on...

Got a shot of what the light output looks like? have been considering a BiXenon retrofit but maybe that would be a better route
No I do not, however the options are plentiful. My JW Speakers are very good, better than my depo’s in my opinion.

IMAG1809 lc.jpg
View attachment 1786301 Went to Lake San Antonio (California) to look at the stars. The awning helped me nap during the day after being up until 3 am. (picture of Andromeda was taken early Sunday morning). I like how the LC swallows up all my camping stuff as well as two bulky telescopes.View attachment 1786302
7083 adromeda 2018 calstar a small.jpg

Last edited:
Got a shot of what the light output looks like? have been considering a BiXenon retrofit but maybe that would be a better route

A decent bi-xenon retrofit will outperform current LED headlight offerings. LED headlights are picking up popularity and reputable companies are making LED specific bulbs with a proper cutoff line so they don't blind oncoming drivers and drop into existing housings as well as LED projectors but the tech isn't quite there yet for them to outperform a decent Bi-Xenon kit. I did the Acura TSX projector retrofit into my truck which are just low beams and they are quite nice. Excellent range, intensity and width. I will be doing a bi-xenon retrofit in the future though. Most likely a 3" projector like the Mini D2S 4.0.

A decent bi-xenon retrofit will outperform current LED headlight offerings. LED headlights are picking up popularity and reputable companies are making LED specific bulbs with a proper cutoff line so they don't blind oncoming drivers and drop into existing housings as well as LED projectors but the tech isn't quite there yet for them to outperform a decent Bi-Xenon kit. I did the Acura TSX projector retrofit into my truck which are just low beams and they are quite nice. Excellent range, intensity and width. I will be doing a bi-xenon retrofit in the future though. Most likely a 3" projector like the Mini D2S 4.0.

Thanks for the input. I will probably do the retrofit soon. My concern has been around what happens if I ever have a bulb go out... I won't be able to hop down to autozone and buy a new one. How often do the morimoto style projectors go out? From what I read, they are fairly reliable but I haven't seen any mud discussion on the retrofit threads (i may have just missed it when i was browsing)

That one way to get fluid bled from bottom of calipers @kreiten ..LOL. How's it working out!

Nice catch @LXFAM

That one way to get fluid bled from bottom of calipers @kreiten ..LOL. How's it working out!

Nice catch @LXFAM
Hah, I caught it before I slapped the wheels on and swapped them:) When I went to bleed the brakes I was like something is def wrong:doh:

Hah, I caught it before I slapped the wheels on and swapped them:) When I went to bleed the brakes I was like something is def wrong:doh:

Haha just casually scrolled the thread and knew something was off about that photo ;). Glad its corrected!

Installed an AEM air/fuel gauge and had a local shop weld in the bung to the driver's side header. Wired it to the nav fuse and poked a hole through the boot. I used the night vision blanking panel to mount the gauge. All in all it was stupid easy.

34GpiRs.jpg

0ViUlbv.jpg

G0dQdKP.jpg

BcpEtwT.jpg

cw5nGqt.jpg

7vLddiO.jpg

WDaaSrq.jpg

TUWt6Ax.jpg
gSiW5cU.jpg

9arvSL1.jpg

Now for the part everyone wants to know, it runs in the low 11:1s at WOT! Damn that's rich!

Video:

Last edited:
I made some more progress on my never ending battery management system project...

Today I was able to get my ACR bracket finished and test fitted. I have everything re-wired to my circuit breaker now, so the only things left to do are paint the ACR bracket, get some proper hardware and install it; then wire the ACR up between the two batteries. Hoping to have that finished in the next day or two so I can get out and use the compressor on Saturday!

IMG_20180911_153547.jpg

IMG_20180911_153445.jpg

IMG_20180911_152844.jpg

IMG_20180911_152856.jpg

Brought home a younger brother:):

11718487-D113-4716-8840-C69EBE9E13C2.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom