What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (102 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for the input. I will probably do the retrofit soon. My concern has been around what happens if I ever have a bulb go out... I won't be able to hop down to autozone and buy a new one. How often do the morimoto style projectors go out? From what I read, they are fairly reliable but I haven't seen any mud discussion on the retrofit threads (i may have just missed it when i was browsing)

The projector won’t fail. It’ll be the bulb or igniter. I’ve had mine for almost 2 years with zero issues. The morimoto HID system are pretty good. I use Osram Nightbreaker D2S bulbs though. A bulb will usually begin to discolor before failing so you’ll know before it does finally fail.

Check out HIDplanet forums for longevity reviews. Also Theretrofitsource have awesome guys there who will answer absolutely any questions you have.

The projector won’t fail. It’ll be the bulb or igniter. I’ve had mine for almost 2 years with zero issues. The morimoto HID system are pretty good. I use Osram Nightbreaker D2S bulbs though. A bulb will usually begin to discolor before failing so you’ll know before it does finally fail.

Check out HIDplanet forums for longevity reviews. Also Theretrofitsource have awesome guys there who will answer absolutely any questions you have.
Awesome, thanks sir, I’ll get around to the retrofit eventually

I made some more progress on my never ending battery management system project...

Today I was able to get my ACR bracket finished and test fitted. I have everything re-wired to my circuit breaker now, so the only things left to do are paint the ACR bracket, get some proper hardware and install it; then wire the ACR up between the two batteries. Hoping to have that finished in the next day or two so I can get out and use the compressor on Saturday!

View attachment 1787145
View attachment 1787144
View attachment 1787142
View attachment 1787143
that bracket looks nice, well done, sheet metal work like that is so simple that it's difficult... I am too ashamed to show my home brew bracketry to the world

that bracket looks nice, well done, sheet metal work like that is so simple that it's difficult... I am too ashamed to show my home brew bracketry to the world
I DEMAND SOME PICS:rofl:

I fell in love with it again after 6 months of a nightmare I finally swapped the aftermarket fuel filter for a Toyota one
Now I can fly
Beautiful
Wasted hours changing sensors injectors etc etc and all it was , was the fff. Lol

I fell in love with it again after 6 months of a nightmare I finally swapped the aftermarket fuel filter for a Toyota one
Now I can fly
Beautiful
Wasted hours changing sensors injectors etc etc and all it was , was the fff. Lol

What is the issue you've had?

I made some more progress on my never ending battery management system project...

Today I was able to get my ACR bracket finished and test fitted. I have everything re-wired to my circuit breaker now, so the only things left to do are paint the ACR bracket, get some proper hardware and install it; then wire the ACR up between the two batteries. Hoping to have that finished in the next day or two so I can get out and use the compressor on Saturday!

View attachment 1787145
View attachment 1787144
View attachment 1787142
View attachment 1787143
I'd love one of these to mount a winch contactor and battery disconnect in that same location. Willing to make an extra and/or share a template?

I'd love one of these to mount a winch contactor and battery disconnect in that same location. Willing to make an extra and/or share a template?

That's funny because my next project will be to work on creating a bracket next to my ACR for a BlueSea high amp on/off switch that I can use to connect/disconnect my winch. At this point I don't really have a template to share for that ACR bracket... It's literally a Corona 12 pack box that I cut and glued then trimmed to get the perfect fit, then traced onto the sheet of CRS.

That's funny because my next project will be to work on creating a bracket next to my ACR for a BlueSea high amp on/off switch that I can use to connect/disconnect my winch. At this point I don't really have a template to share for that ACR bracket... It's literally a Corona 12 pack box that I cut and glued then trimmed to get the perfect fit, then traced onto the sheet of CRS.
I see. And how soon will that Corona box be in production? Will there be a group buy? :rofl:

Keep us posted on the progress. I'd love to see the finished product. I wish I had more time for that kind of R&D, but with three kids, I'm usually willing to pay a premium for an easy fix.

Installed an AEM air/fuel gauge and had a local shop weld in the bung to the driver's side header. Wired it to the nav fuse and poked a hole through the boot. I used the night vision blanking panel to mount the gauge. All in all it was stupid easy.

34GpiRs.jpg

0ViUlbv.jpg

G0dQdKP.jpg

BcpEtwT.jpg

cw5nGqt.jpg

7vLddiO.jpg

WDaaSrq.jpg

TUWt6Ax.jpg
gSiW5cU.jpg

9arvSL1.jpg

Now for the part everyone wants to know, it runs in the low 11:1s at WOT! Damn that's rich!

Video:

Did you pay someone for that weld? That looks globbed on... otherwise, SWEET!

I replaced my poorly working Gen 3 Nav drive with a Gen 4 unit. I kept getting the "dirty or damaged disc" message which was a real pain. Maybe I'm one of the few here that still uses the built in Nav system and I wanted to get it working again. The new drive came out of a wrecked LX with 94,000 miles on it which I got off Ebay. I found they really won't budge on the prices of an outdated Nav drive. I also picked up the newest Gen 4 map DVD. It's a copy but it works fine and was only $10. From what I read, this one (v15.1) may be the last map disk for the Gen 4 systems. The swap takes only a few minutes and the seat doesn't need to be removed. It's a direct swap and all the connectors and mounting points are the same. A couple of minutes in the menu screens and it was good to go. The controls and route searching seem to be a bit quicker than the Gen 3.

Chris

View attachment 1671350 View attachment 1671351 View attachment 1671352 View attachment 1671353
Where did you end up getting the update disk?

Thanks

Changed all 3 height sensors on the LX, a member on Mud hooked me up with 3 brand new ones for $100 shipped! Talk about helping a brother out. This is why I love this forum, we're like a big dysfunctional family lol.

17 years, rust got to it, broke the sensor arm, i had to ghetto rig one, put a new one in and it looks so much better.

44595603542_358119d076_b.jpg

43736099105_5c789c0b3e_h.jpg

This is what it looked like before..

29396479028_104a794cc4_b.jpg

I have been scouring craigslist and picked up this Thule setup. It is the 450 towers and the 64" bars. The seller also threw in a box with a few additional towers, kayak racks and other misc items. I had really been considering a roof rack but I decided I would not gain enough storage space to justify the $1000 price tag. I have been using my 16 cu ft Thule box and it has worked well. I plan to mount the box to these new crossbars. Once I do that I can adjust the factory cross bars so I have some sort of cross bar every 18" or so even though they won't be level. This will allow me to strap a jerry can or two on the roof. They will also provide a platform for other misc items like a rack would. Time will tell how well it works.
IMG_4122.JPG

Installed an AEM air/fuel gauge and had a local shop weld in the bung to the driver's side header. Wired it to the nav fuse and poked a hole through the boot. I used the night vision blanking panel to mount the gauge. All in all it was stupid easy.

34GpiRs.jpg

0ViUlbv.jpg

G0dQdKP.jpg

BcpEtwT.jpg

cw5nGqt.jpg

7vLddiO.jpg

WDaaSrq.jpg

TUWt6Ax.jpg
gSiW5cU.jpg

9arvSL1.jpg

Now for the part everyone wants to know, it runs in the low 11:1s at WOT! Damn that's rich!

Video:

What wheels are those? I don’t think I’ve seen them before.

Sweet ride.

..is that a 80 peeking though the bushes ???
Lol. Yeah, I can’t belive someone noticed that.

It’s my triple locked 96. I’ve been meaning to put it up for sale, I don’t drive it enough anymore :( . Someone needs to enjoy it though. It lives for the trails.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom