What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (51 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Who’da’thunk.
Nerf gun fight birthday party with cruiser gear.

5C076694-6435-4FAB-8FE7-3AF6200DC86F.jpeg
98CB4FCA-0AD0-4F5D-A1B4-003CA8715D42.jpeg

Just finished adjusting the valves on the ol' 92. I'm not sure I did it right. She still sounds like the offspring of a John Deere and a Singer. Hmmm. Anyone got any pointers?

IMG_6139.JPG
We just were given an 80 carcass for parts-delivered for two cases of Bud Light.

Now I have four good doors, a good RF fender and lots of body parts to weld in place of rust on my wife's truck. My son is thinking of using the top of the 3fe with a 2f for his build.

Now we have two fj80 trannies to get rid of.

The frame seems pretty clean, so I'm thinking I'll clean it up and prep it for a rear triangulated 4-link and three link up front, then put it under the wife's 80, maybe with a 5.3 instead of wasting more money on the bad 1fze rebuild.

Last edited:
Fairplay CO area for the last week. LX did well, had done quite a bit of work to the rig last 10 weeks or so getting it ready. Didn't address some oil leaks prior and should have. Interstate driving made them worse. Color was spectacular. Had to replace 2nd battery, didn't check it prior to leaving

IMG_20170920_131249.jpg
IMG_20170918_141912.jpg
IMG_20170918_133034.jpg

Just finished adjusting the valves on the ol' 92. I'm not sure I did it right. She still sounds like the offspring of a John Deere and a Singer. Hmmm. Anyone got any pointers?

HOLY CRAP! I adjusted the valves again (this time correctly!) and the ol' 92 sounds like the day she rolled off the lot! Dang! She flat out purrs like a kitten!

And only lost about a half a pint of blood in the process!

Kissed a rock and enjoyed a sunset.

Sounds like a fair trade to me :).

I completed my rear brakes this weekend. I was in the same boat as @LS1FJ40 late last week. Heard the metal on metal rumble from my LR wheel. Luckily I had parts on hand to replace.

Replaced:
  • pads
  • calipers
  • rotors
  • rubber lines
  • bled system
Maybe my LSBV has never been bled, but I have to say that is the NASTIEST brake fluid I have ever smelled. It smelled rancid, or like a dead animal. Ugh!

I took it out and locked it up on gravel a dozen times to cycle the ABS and it is nice to have all new brakes (fronts were done last month).

Last edited:
Want to install the new antenna and radio for the Cruiser, so needed to be able to open the pass side front door. It was pushed into the front fender and sagged badly when I picked it up from the PO.

Pulled the fender, swapped in new hinges, propped the door up and pulled it as close to back into place as possible. Beat the fender back into rough (really rough) shape with a piece of wood and a 2lb sledgehammer. Door works now, so that's a win, but now need to take it all apart again to do the antenna. :bang:

Hoping to get the truck to see something other than a paved road in the very near future. Sadly, the first pic is as close to wheeling as the truck has been.

Changed oil!

After nerf gun war.., relaxed.
1704E6BD-7DB0-422A-9D0C-802C80810FA6.jpeg

Started off planning to spend the day fishing...

IMG_2856.jpg
IMG_2853.jpg
IMG_2813.jpg

Wasn't really catching anything so just started dicking around on the trails around the river...and then this happened :eek:

IMG_2863.jpg

IMG_2864.jpg

Unfortunately the battery had become unsecure in the tray and was just flopping around - causing the metal terminal end to completely break in two.

Anyone have a spare battery hold down clamp? Or whatever the hell its called?

Last edited:
Hackberry creek AZ

I ran the whole trail with open diffs , never would've done it because I didn't think that I could without my E lockers, but I made it! Gnarly trail totally fine cruiser buddies make all the difference

The day before we did Bulldog Canyon and only my front Locker was working, now they're both in operable!

IMG_1702.JPG

IMG_1708.JPG

IMG_1710.JPG

IMG_1712.JPG

IMG_1713.JPG

Don't you love it when you're the sole occupant of a whole campground?
IMG_4453.JPG
IMG_4454.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom