Fj45 lwb lpb list (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMG_0157.jpg
IMG_1319.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just updated the list. Think I added 8 trucks and a new low vin number. 92 lpb's accounted for. Keep them coming!

IMG_1421.JPG
whitey, here's another lpb # FJ4522016 not mine but a friend SOLD to another member here on Mud who may want to be anonymous.

Hello I have a 1967 FJ-45. Might be a 1966 according to the frame # no Brass tag.
FJ-4527047
Originally a California truck, went to Anchorage Alaska. Owner left for Australia and left it with his brother.
Eventually he decided to sell and that is when I bought It. It has been in Anchorage, Valdez, Juneau, and Haines before I barged it down to Washington State where it is now.
I have had other land cruisers, FJ-40's and FJ-62's. This is my favorite by far.
Thanks to everyone on Mud, so much great info and friendships here, lets keep it going!

upload_2017-1-16_19-58-43.png

FJ4521933 has left Shmukster and now resides with bkfj40. My first fj45...but not my first cruiser. I started with my first fj40 when I lived in Laramie Wyoming and bought it the summer of 1996 and joined the LCML. Moved around, bought a 60, sold that original 40, bought a 40 when I lived in Jackson Hole, bought a 55, and then moved to Virginia. Have had a few other 55s, an HJ47, oodles of 40s, 60s, a couple 80s, a few hundreds, and picked up this 45.

IMG_0342.JPG

Are you going to paint it like the Circus Pig? Congrats on your new project.

Just became the owner of a 1965LPB (21951) that my uncle purchased new in 1967 from a Ford dealership in Ely, NV. Lots of surface rust but good bones that was in mid-restoration/modification by his grandson who's priorities changed, leading him to sell it to me yesterday. Nice cousin. :clap:

Prior to that, it sat outside on my uncle's ranch near Ely for some 25+ years. Thankfully, eastern NV is high desert. Below is the process of loading it for transport from Ely to my home in Colorado, with VIN tag below that. Has the original motor, trans, hood, fenders, grill, etc. Stock as they come.

P2190106.jpg
P2190093.jpg

View attachment 1406369

Just became the owner of a 1965LPB (21951) that my uncle purchased new in 1967 from a Ford dealership in Ely, NV. Lots of surface rust but good bones that was in mid-restoration/modification by his grandson who's priorities changed, leading him to sell it to me yesterday. Nice cousin. :clap:

Prior to that, it sat outside on my uncle's ranch near Ely for some 25+ years.

I have a Basque friend from that area who said his family had several FJ45 LPB's that they used on their sheep ranches. He didn't think any of their's survived though...wonder if this was one of them.

Yes, his family were in the sheep ranching business in/around the town of Baker, NV. He was born in the 20s, if I recall right, purchasing the FJ45 in 1967. But the sheep business ended with his parents. I guess he didn't care for that life. It must have been a hard way to make a buck.

He knew just about everyone around those parts, so I imagine he knew this family.

Hello I have a 1967 FJ-45. Might be a 1966 according to the frame # no Brass tag.
FJ-4527047
Originally a California truck, went to Anchorage Alaska. Owner left for Australia and left it with his brother.
Eventually he decided to sell and that is when I bought It. It has been in Anchorage, Valdez, Juneau, and Haines before I barged it down to Washington State where it is now.
I have had other land cruisers, FJ-40's and FJ-62's. This is my favorite by far.
Thanks to everyone on Mud, so much great info and friendships here, lets keep it going!]

Never saw it here, so it must have been on a visit or not driven much. Nice truck!

Year first sold: 1967
Vin# FJ4525063
Brass tag year: tag T-67
Owners name: Tom Bettencourt

Vin# FJ4525063

Is this the one you said you just missed out on Tommy?

Vin# FJ4525063

Wow, You found one. Where did you find it?

Is this the one you said you just missed out on Tommy?
No Mark. That one ended up in Ventura.

Wow, You found one. Where did you find it?

Redmond, Oregon. 1 owner truck, bought off the lot in Bend 1967. Original paint takes no elbow grease to polish out. The owner; who passed away a couple years ago, called it Blue Bird. I look at it and want to call it 8-track.

20170514_090504.jpg

No Mark. That one ended up in Ventura.

Redmond, Oregon. 1 owner truck, bought off the lot in Bend 1967. Original paint takes no elbow grease to polish out. The owner; who passed away a couple years ago, called it Blue Bird. I look at it and want to call it 8-track.

View attachment 1461447
:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Prior to that, it sat outside on my uncle's ranch near Ely for some 25+ years. Thankfully, eastern NV is high desert. Below is the process of loading it for transport from Ely to my home in Colorado, with VIN tag below that. Has the original motor, trans, hood, fenders, grill, etc. Stock as they come.

View attachment 1406370 View attachment 1406371

View attachment 1406369
Nice to meet you. Sorry I was so uptight. My new working M.O. just isn't taking well to unannounced visits. I wouldn't have put two and two together either if it hadn't been for Tommy's posting bringing me back to this old thread. Now I will remember.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom