Happy New Year (and a question). Carrying a bicycle in a restored FJ45 LPB (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wadesters

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.cwcruisers.com
Happy New Year everyone!

The last piece of my puzzle is going to painter this week LWB truck bed. My other passion is bicycling. In a previous FJ45 I carried a piece of foam in the bed and just laid my bicycle on it. Since this one is not painted yet, just wondering if anyone has ideas. I would consider maybe 2 holes for a quick release fork mount (pictured). This would require drilling 2 holes (I hate any holes, but...).

Thank you!

Image 1.jpeg

That looks like a good option Chris, whatever works so you don’t have a big scratch or a paint chip from a bike on its side. I hate holes also but sometimes you just have to do it…..especially if you are going to use it frequently.

Happy New Year !
Mark

I think a really good option would be to utilize a couple of the bolts that help attach the rear rack. Maybe a bar across the back mounted using these bolts up close to the cab. You could then mount any front wheel hub bracket to it. You could also remove the whole thing pretty easy.
There is also the two holes at the rear of every 45 bed that are there for the original OEM RACK. you could utilize these as well, No holes required. 😀

IMG_9913.jpeg

Thanks Mark! I was going to get rid of the two holes in the back but maybe now I will keep them. As far as I know they are the only stock holes that should be in the bed other than the holes for headache rack?

Chris,

Happy New Year to you and it sounds like this is the year the 45 is completed!!!

Don't forget to consider the spare tire bed mount that @cppilot has in his 45 bed. It requires drilling but the offset tire mount in the bed is a great solution.

That’s correct Chris……these are the only holes that should be there…don’t fill them.😀

Last edited:
After dropping off at welder we found these additional holes. He believes they are all factory. One in the front through front rail. Then two that hold on the headache rack bracket. Two in the back that looks like something would go down into pocket at attach.

IMG_4489.jpeg

IMG_4488.jpeg

IMG_4487.jpeg

I’m with mark on some easily ck concealable or removable crossmember at bed rail height behind cab.

But I have used this for several years without issue. But my paint isn’t shiny n new either.

You are correct, the three up front are for the headache rack. The two in the rear are for the optional rack system.
image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom