Scarlet our 1966 FJ45 LPB Restomod (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thank you Michael, those mud flaps were on the truck when I bought many years ago. I think @cityracer has them.

Bought a new shifting diagram plate to reflect the 5 speed and the twin sticks 😀
IMG_3089.jpeg

We are having a warm spell here in Oregon, so I thought it would be a good time to start prepping and get some sound deadening in. Going to put it on the roof and back wall as well.

IMG_9652.jpeg
IMG_9649.jpeg
IMG_9648.jpeg

Last edited:
Got some sound deadening in and boy has it made a difference. Still have more to do but definitely worth doing especially with the diesel. I will say that my arms and back know that I’ve had them working overtime…..

IMG_9660.jpeg

IMG_9663.jpeg

IMG_9664.jpeg

The tranny hump was coated on the underside but I still may put some on top as well.

IMG_9663.jpeg

I used Noico mainly because it was a little less expensive and available. It went in really nice and I like the product.

I will be using the Dynamat Hood liner Under the hood. I’ve read It has great thermo and acoustic properties. I think it comes in black and will look better when the hood is open as well. It also comes in different thicknesses. I was not concerned with the silver on the floor as it will be covered up eventually.

Work of art Mark!

Thanks Michael, it took a while to finish this one up but it’s been totally worth it. We still have a few things to get done but I’m super happy with the outcome at this point..

Mark

For those who have been asking about the noise level before and after the sound deadening, here’s what I have so far…

I have completed putting the first layer of Noico sound deadening on the floor, cab roof and back of the tub. I still need to put it on the back of the removable top and up a little further on the foot wells. Unfortunately I did not get readings before the deading.

I can say that it made a Hugh difference. the decibel readings are not that far off from some of the others with an F or 2F at 65MPH.

At idle ————73.6 dB

At 65MPH——-83.7 dB

At. 70MPH ——84.1 dB

IMG_9718.png
IMG_9727.png
IMG_9728.png

I still need to get the headliner in, more matting as well as some Dynaliner under the hood. I am surprised and extremely happy with the results. Not sure it’s much worse than my old F engine screaming along at 60 MPH.
IMG_9713.jpeg

My wife had a specific tree and color in mind. So….I was on a mission to find a Scarlet Red Maple tree. Just what I needed, an excuse to drive Scarlet 😀

IMG_9762.jpeg
IMG_9760.jpeg

hopefully you took the long way to the nursery or you barely got it warmed up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom