Scarlet our 1966 FJ45 LPB Restomod (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Having a blast driving this thing. I was skeptical about how I would like the cummins noise wise and vibration wise. I have to say I’m extremely happy so far.

Taking in some of our Fall colors here in Southern Oregon.

IMG_9771.jpeg
IMG_9772.jpeg

Thanks Pete, it really has been a fun build….I’ve never had a Land Cruiser “FJ40/45“ that the defroster actually defrosted the window…..this one with the vintage air/heat system Actually does…also can’t wait to get my late model windshield in place and have some real functional wipers. 😀

IMG_9591.jpeg

Mark, this thing is begging for some City Racer 16" steelies and some hub caps. I gifted away one of your key chain pieces of art i had bought from you previously to a fellow cruishead over the weekend for doing me a solid. I'll be keeping an eye out for a replacement :)

Evan, yes some steelies are definitely on the list. I really like the original look with the acorns. I do have some black 15” steelies that I could use but really want 16” steelies so I can get the right tire size.

I do have a few key chains completed but haven’t listed any in a while. I will shoot you a pm and get one out to you.

IMG_3194.png

Evan, yes some steelies are definitely on the list. I really like the original look with the acorns. I do have some black 15” steelies that I could use but really want 16” steelies so I can get the right tire size.

I do have a few key chains completed but haven’t listed any in a while. I will shoot you a pm and get one out to you.

View attachment 3486888
The twin!

Yes, just prior to my ownership. 😀

IMG_9801.jpeg
A couple crappy night shots of the Digital Dakota gauges and the billeted aluminum backlit Vintage Air knobs. I’m in love a little more every day. 😂

Last edited:
Pulled this floor mat out and thought I’d put it in Scarlet but having a real tuff time cutting this one to make it fit. I believe it’s a 74-78. Super nice with only one tiny hole on the left side just left of the small round hole. Researching options for my floor if anyone has any ideas…on a mat.

IMG_9812.jpeg

Pulled this floor mat out and thought I’d put it in Scarlet but having a real tuff time cutting this one to make it fit. I believe it’s a 74-78. Super nice with only one tiny hole on the left side just left of the small round hole. Researching options for my floor if anyone has any ideas…on a mat.

View attachment 3491972
I think Cruisercult is busy making diamond pattern mats for the early production J4's based off of the fiché drawings.

IMG_9848.jpeg
IMG_9847.jpeg
Christmas tree and wreath bows expedition. I wasn’t getting out of the house this morning without the copilot. She thinks the 45 was made for her……if it moves, she wants in it.

Thanks Ken, now If she just knew how to clean the truck out and vacuum 😂

Last edited:
IMG_9897.jpeg
IMG_9896.jpeg
I was able to put a few more miles on Scarlet today. Got 24.6 mpg with a trip meter of 115.8 miles. This was mountainous terrain on a two lane road. Mostly around 55-60 mph. Super excited so far. I had about a half hour of night driving and I can’t believe how nice it is to actually see all my gauges 😀without using a flashlight…..The Dakota Digital Gauges...Rock.

Here’s a couple poser shots…😜 waiting on some Alcan Custom Springs…

Very cool Mason, I love the big island 🏝️.

IMG_0187.jpeg
IMG_0166.jpeg
These are for you Mason, the big island is really cool but I’ll bet you are missing a little of this Oregon weather…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom