BUILD: "Kermit" 67 FJ45 LWB LPB (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NYIronPig

YES I have a problem...
SILVER Star
Threads
Just pulled this beauty out of Eureka, CA, and should be loaded onto a truck this weekend and headed to NY. This is an original California FJ45 LWB (original plate still attached) that had a "frame off restoration" in 2011 (clearly never a show truck but the metal is really good and very clean under neath!), so the original Tan OEM paint is unfortunately gone, but enough good solid original OEM parts for me to get this one back to a solid weekend driver. FJ60 front axel swap and power steering already done, SOR Seats done, and (unfortunately for those purists) a blueprinted Chevy 350 was swapped for the power plant in 2011 with the new green paint. Toyota 4 speed & Tcase still intact along with the original rear view mirror, nice OEM steering wheel, TNK wipers, original heater and duct work and an uncut dash and solid floor boards, bed, frame & cross members. A set of OEM rims coming along with Kermit that will be sand blasted a powered coated Black & Installed with some new 33x9.5 Kenda Klever rubber and new acorn hub caps, after adding a new Iron Man Lift kit. I have to replace the OEM speedo (needed snapped off), add an OEM set of mirrors, new FJ60 Master Cylinder (current one is leaking), swap the current FJ40 turn signals for an OEM FJ45 set, new JT Outfitter front bumper for the rebuilt 8274 Warn winch I have, a good tuneup, powder coat the rear bumper, get her cleaned up & detailed with a fresh painted white cab top and bezel, new headliner and get her back on the trails before winter sets in. Missing anything???

Looking forward to joining the FJ45 community and learning from this exclusive crew! Will add pics as I get started to track the progress. Thanks in advance for all the questions/advice I might need from all of you! Special thakns to @cppilot for all his info & advice during my FJ45 search.

359445583_10227448254743656_7969453492066150007_n.jpeg

fj451-jpeg.3377869

fj45.jpeg

fj452.jpeg
fj456-jpeg.3377871

Last edited:
Casey, so happy you found your 45. I remember that day like it was yesterday. I’m sure you feel the same way. Congrats.
Feel free to reach out anytime.

Regards
Mark

Last edited:
Ok, getting excited now. Covered carrier almost here for the pickup.....Cali to NY transport tonight.

IMG_5342.jpg

And snug in the trailer for the cross country trip!

IMG_6697.jpg

Last edited:
image000000.jpg

Coming out of the trailer in NY right now. I am out of town, so won't get my eyes and hands on it until Friday. Can't wait!

looks like it had good company for the ride to NY. Congrats…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom