Your dream Gamiviti rack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks Geanes. I am super pumped! I love his ladder, I will look into it once I get a rear bumper. I love that Tim constantly innovates and brings new ideas to market.

It's so sweet. Can quickly be removed if you don't want to use it and reinstalled in like a minute. Also, you can release the top connection and the ladder swings down so you can wash the side window without the ladder getting in the way. Such a cool design and frees up the 2nd swingout on the rear for things other than a ladder :)

It's so sweet. Can quickly be removed if you don't want to use it and reinstalled in like a minute. Also, you can release the top connection and the ladder swings down so you can wash the side window without the ladder getting in the way. Such a cool design and frees up the 2nd swingout on the rear for things other than a ladder :)

Wow - Super well thought out!

these can’t go on a stock bumper though, can they?

Wow - Super well thought out!

Another cool thing are the clips used to secure the plastic grid panels which allows super fast removal and install. Since I basecamp with my trailer, I actually remove all the gear from roof when I setup camp. I unclip the 2 plastic grid panels and then use them on the ground outside the entrance to my tent and awning room. That makes a HUGE difference when the ground is wet as it all but eliminates dragging mud into your tent or your feet sinking in the mud outside your tent entrance. Also, in dry/dusty conditions, allows you to mitigate dragging dust into the tent as well. I accidentally discovered that last year at HIH9 when I picked up my panels from Tim and was too lazy to install them before departing HIH9. They weren't "engineered" for that purpose, but they work out very well for that. Just an FYI.

@nakman ... not sure if I ever let you know that benefit to the grid panels or if you are already aware of it.

@geanes that's awesome, Gary. Yeah when camped in sandy or muddy areas those grids would make a sweet floor, great idea? up here in the rocks maybe not so much, only because the clips wouldn't be able to dig into the ground so easy... but hey if you break a clip nbd, we have lots of them! :beer2:

@geanes that's awesome, Gary. Yeah when camped in sandy or muddy areas those grids would make a sweet floor, great idea? up here in the rocks maybe not so much, only because the clips wouldn't be able to dig into the ground so easy... but hey if you break a clip nbd, we have lots of them! :beer2:

Very true, not the best on rocky terrain. But, yeah, on grass, mud, sand, gravel, etc., they work fantastic. If a clip breaks for some reason, one could always use zip ties to secure it to the roof. I carry TONS of zip ties in my travel kit.

Mine just arrived via freight today – think it might've broken the sound barrier getting across the country so fast. Pumped to install it!

Similar set-up to many others on the boards: Expo++ / Additional gusseting / 4th Tower / Sunroof cutout + cover – the one thing I wanted to add to the mix that I think Tim may have already thrown out there is that the drop-down basket is essentially a 3-unit module that can be placed anywhere in the 6-unit rack – not just fully forward or full aft. We decided to drop it back a single section's worth for more flexibility in mounting - positioning a RTT.

Can't speak highly enough of the customer service and overall process! Pumped for the install and the final results!

IMG_1417.jpg

right on, glad it arrived safely now have fun with the install! there's videos on the site if you need them...

And yes good point on the drop basket, it can go essentially anywhere on the 100 series racks (80 series too for that matter) as the bar spacing is equal. When we get into the 200, GX's, Runners, etc. it's a little less flexible as that plate/cross bar spacing is all over the map.

Working on a couple new videos for you guys today and tomorrow, showing some ways to use the tube clamps, traction ramp brackets, etc. Big thanks again to Sam for the amazing pictures, man you have true talent for making make this stuff look so good! Motivated to make new products just so I can send them to you. here's a sneak peek (love the dog, btw):

traction_ramp_brackets.jpg

To all of those who have it basket up, how high above the roof is the highest point? Any pictures you can share of your rack on your rig?

Trying to make my final decisions before I order one.

To all of those who have it basket up, how high above the roof is the highest point? Any pictures you can share of your rack on your rig?

Trying to make my final decisions before I order one.

Check the pictures of the 80 series expo ++ up I have the blue Land Cruiser. I’ll take some measurements later on today

Check the pictures of the 80 series expo ++ up I have the blue Land Cruiser. I’ll take some measurements later on today

Just wanted to see if you had the chance to take any measurements of the max height over the roof.

and any pictures of your rig would be much appreciated!!

(or anyone else who is running basket up)

I measured from the roof gutter to the highest portion of the rack. I have these spacers that Tim made for me, so subtract that distance accordingly.

With the spacer it's 10.5" from gutter mount to top of the rack. The spacer raises the rack an additional 2". So without the spacer, I would say it's 8.5" from gutter mount to top of rack.
IMG_4766 2.JPG
IMG_4769 2.JPG
IMG_4766.JPG

I measured from the roof gutter to the highest portion of the rack. I have these spacers that Tim made for me, so subtract that distance accordingly.

With the spacer it's 10.5" from gutter mount to top of the rack. The spacer raises the rack an additional 2". So without the spacer, I would say it's 8.5" from gutter mount to top of rack.
View attachment 2321672View attachment 2321673View attachment 2321674

thanks for that!!

@nakman what is the lowest height I can set the 100 series towers to? Trying to figure out if I can go basket up and still fit into the garages downtown.

Last edited:
thanks for that!!

@nakman what is the lowest height I can set the 100 series towers to? Trying to figure out if I can go basket up and still fit into the garages downtown.
there's only about a 1" gap between the bottom of the cross bars and the roof... no more. Add an Expo bar and you're adding roughly 2.5" to the height. So total height from the center of your roof to the top of a raised Expo bar in front (non-tapered) is right around 4.5". Here are some pics of the center of the roof, showing the 1" gap below the 1" diameter tubing.
IMG_1544.JPG
IMG_1545.JPG

there's only about a 1" gap between the bottom of the cross bars and the roof... no more. Add an Expo bar and you're adding roughly 2.5" to the height. So total height from the center of your roof to the top of a raised Expo bar in front (non-tapered) is right around 4.5". Here are some pics of the center of the roof, showing the 1" gap below the 1" diameter tubing.
View attachment 2322652View attachment 2322653

And this is why I want a gamiviti rack!! That low profile is incredible.

View attachment 2322652View attachment 2322653
So looks like if you go with the expo down you're sticking up a total of 2" above the highest point of the roof? Trying to figure out about garage fitment too!

So looks like if you go with the expo down you're sticking up a total of 2" above the highest point of the roof? Trying to figure out about garage fitment too!
It depends a bit on which vertical holes you use, as IIRC there are a few different ones, at least on the feet on my 200. It's about 1" taller than the factory rack on the 200.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom