Your dream Gamiviti rack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just finished accessorising with some of @nakman new products
20200531_155245.jpg
20200531_155303.jpg

How do you have the Rigid cases strapped down? I don't see any straps over the top.
I used the clamps that Tim provides for his accessories. See in the pic below
Screenshot_20200601-102235_Samsung Internet.jpg

I drilled a two holes front and rear of the Rigid box and with the clamp attached them to the cross bars. Used silicone to keep the moisture out on the screws. Very secure, will take pic later.

Installed my rack over the weekend. I went with a Expo ++, sunroof cutout and 3 towers. I am running it upside down with Tim's amber light bar.

WOW. this rack is solid. I love having the "handles" from running it upside down. Tim's quick release awning mounts are AMAZING. the Grid Panels are awesome. I cannot say enough good things about this rack and Tim's customer service. Added bonus, my neighbor is using the "crate" it was shipped in for her vegetable / herb garden.
55B8A2AB-1661-496A-8E41-96A429E164BC.jpeg
7051838A-E82D-4A35-A842-2001EDF078BC.jpeg

Looks terrific, Kyle, and thanks again for everything, so happy that you're happy. :)

and way to up-cycle that shipping crate! I've seen dog houses, shelves, and tables but this is the first planter box.

Sneak peak of the basket-up rack Tim built for me!

stay tuned...

8D76A592-DF1B-4DA8-85F4-2C43BCF816ED.jpeg

7FC7573E-7197-41E6-8C0D-BA4B73F10C15.jpeg

B638734E-460E-436A-AF90-9AF5B4AD9BE4.jpeg

Last edited:
Just ordered mine, now if we can just fast forward 6 weeks to shipping!

ok finally got It mounted!

After about 100 emails back and forth exploring design options, I settled on a more traditional basket-up, safari rack design (though we still kept it low profile).

It is a full-expo design. The front is angle in at 60 degrees with a 2” rise. The sides and back are vertical with. 1.25” rise. No grid or drop basket. I wanted to keep weight and wind noise to a minimum. I love the step change in the expo bar. Already got some compliments on it and I’ve only had it on a few days.

One thing I really love about this rack is how it fits the proportions of the 100 series. I don’t think any of the other basket up rack out there do that well.

I received some inspiration from Skyrocket Expeditions (80 series) who I stumbled across on YouTube. Check him out for a great basket up Gamiviti rack and some awesome videos.

Tim was great to work with. Highly recommend Gamiviti to anyone who is in the market for a rack!

C0FDB63C-1B74-49E8-99B2-5E44299C65BF.jpeg

689FD661-3CED-4DFC-A984-1D2789BE43C7.jpeg

EE3C8F64-5FC7-4DEF-AA53-259F6C551F05.jpeg

5DDE57D0-255A-47C7-9095-326802C4E0A9.jpeg

Last edited:
Looking for some feedback. No fairing, low fairing, or high fairing?

AB9185AB-1692-46A2-8761-841D163DC3A5.jpeg

No fairing, I noticed very little to no difference with out without the fairing on my Gamiviti.
I took it off because it blocks my satellite radio antenna .

Last edited:
Full coverage fairing.
Big noise cancel.

uzj100-7-jpg.644140

Couple of dumb questions for all you Gamiviti legends out there. I'm trying to research answers from the website and the forums but still feeling a bit confused.
Am I correct the +,++,+++ refers to how much of the basket (expo) there is? I can't identify the difference between ++ and +++ so I'm second guessing if I understand.
Can someone describe tapered vs non to me?
I'm trying to understand the differences of the tapered vs non tapered relative to the vertical offset of the expo bar.
Expo++ tapered - There are two LC 200 pictures on the gamiviti website that don't look the same to me. The black truck looks to have an expo bar that comes away from the truck over the rear P door. The Silver one looks to be more uniform along the length of the truck. Might be the angle of the photo or maybe I don't understand what tapered means.

Same question asked a different way:
His youtube video "traction ramp install" shows him using 2 tube clamps for each end of the maxtrax. The lower one act's as normal and the upper one acts as a strut. This seems a great way to mount items vertically on the side of the rack... I'm wondering if the rack he is using is tapered or non-tapered and if this method could be used regardless of that fact.

Thanks in advance!
Shawn

Hey Shawn sorry this is so confusing... product of 10+ years of bright ideas on top of each other perhaps. anyway will do my best to answer here:

Every rack starts as a flat rack. then you can add an optional second bar across the front and along the sides. Expo ends above the front doors, Expo+ above the rear doors, ++ above the rear tires, and +++ wraps around the back. There is a gallery on the 100 series rack page that shows each of them. 100 racks — Gamiviti

Tapered vs. non-tapered refers to the gap between the main flat rack and the Expo bar. when it's non-tapered that generally means that gap is a consistent 1.75" throughout. When it's tapered the gap increases as the rack moves forward, arriving at a 2.75" gap across the front. This matches the body lines a little better on the sides, and provides the additional 1" gap across the front for the light bar.

taper_nontaper_100.jpg

Exceptions to this would be if someone wanted to run a light bar on a shorter Expo rack, we'd just make it 2.75" and no taper.

And the rack he is using in that traction ramp video is definitely tapered, as are the majority of what we're making now... tapered Expo++ is the most common.

Couple of dumb questions for all you Gamiviti legends out there. I'm trying to research answers from the website and the forums but still feeling a bit confused.
Am I correct the +,++,+++ refers to how much of the basket (expo) there is? I can't identify the difference between ++ and +++ so I'm second guessing if I understand.
Can someone describe tapered vs non to me?
I'm trying to understand the differences of the tapered vs non tapered relative to the vertical offset of the expo bar.
Expo++ tapered - There are two LC 200 pictures on the gamiviti website that don't look the same to me. The black truck looks to have an expo bar that comes away from the truck over the rear P door. The Silver one looks to be more uniform along the length of the truck. Might be the angle of the photo or maybe I don't understand what tapered means.

Same question asked a different way:
His youtube video "traction ramp install" shows him using 2 tube clamps for each end of the maxtrax. The lower one act's as normal and the upper one acts as a strut. This seems a great way to mount items vertically on the side of the rack... I'm wondering if the rack he is using is tapered or non-tapered and if this method could be used regardless of that fact.

Thanks in advance!
Shawn

@wiseinvestor Here is a up close and side angle of my tapered expo ++ that may help.

20200531_155245.jpg
20191215_154144.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom