YotaMD Titanium Integrated Remote Key Fob Shell (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for the video, that really helps. Hmm, that's so bizarre. And you had a hard time getting in the SS screws... now I see why!

It looks like your remote is too thick. I dont suppose you could take a picture of the remote backside? Maybe a good sideview shot? Perhaps there's a change to the remote internals I need to accommodate with a little pocket in that back half.

They should definitely not look like that, nor should they squeak! The gap should be less than .005" - nearly nothing. You guys have more like .050" and we need to get that fixed. ;)

I'll get you a pic this evening. Thanks. Glad it's helping with some post production R&D.

Thanks for the video, that really helps. Hmm, that's so bizarre. And you had a hard time getting in the SS screws... now I see why!

It looks like your remote is too thick. I dont suppose you could take a picture of the remote backside? Maybe a good sideview shot? Perhaps there's a change to the remote internals I need to accommodate with a little pocket in that back half.

They should definitely not look like that, nor should they squeak! The gap should be less than .005" - nearly nothing. You guys have more like .050" and we need to get that fixed. ;)

I wonder if the battery cover is screwed down completely?

I wonder if the battery cover is screwed down completely?
That's exactly what I'm wondering. Maybe it's not screwed down all the way or maybe it's taller in some years or something. Maybe it's got weird screws that sit too tall, etc... Pictures might help solve it!

That's exactly what I'm wondering. Maybe it's not screwed down all the way or maybe it's taller in some years or something. Maybe it's got weird screws that sit too tall, etc... Pictures might help solve it!

Hopefully they are not running the incorrect battery...

Also recall there could be some aftermarket stuff mixed in here and there.

At least one of my shells/blades was an aftermarket knock off but still has all the real looking markings so it can be hard to tell.

I received one of these today. Easy assembly and stout! I finally got rid of that stupid switchblade key!!!!! Thanks for the great product and fast shipping! Some of the best money I have spent on this rig so far!

Pic sent via PM

Oh heck why not, post it here too for prosperity...

20170926_202245.jpg

Ok shoot. Sent you the pic of the back via PM. Here is front and back then.

20170926_203338.jpg

20170926_203545.jpg

Mine is definitely over 9mm. Sent better pics.

I will say I've never seen a clear remote before. I'm not sure if that's OEM or not, maybe I just haven't seen the inside of many fobs in my lifetime, but that's interesting and kind of cool to see

OK, i may have figured something out here.

IF YOU HAVE A CLEAR REMOTE FRONT FACE AS IN THE PICS ABOVE, WHAT YEAR IS YOUR CAR?

So far, the two problematic cars are 2006. Maybe there's a model year cutoff when Toyota changed the remote design and it just happens to be the last few years of 100's - and therefore a relatively small/tiny percentage of mud members/customers.

Mine arrived in the mail today, zero issues with assembling with my 2004 LC key.

Well there goes my first theory... I thought 03+ were going to be the weird thick remote, but if yours went together great with an 04 then it's unlikely 03 is the break point. Was your remote clear on the front face?

Well there goes my first theory... I thought 03+ were going to be the weird thick remote, but if yours went together great with an 04 then it's unlikely 03 is the break point. Was your remote clear on the front face?

Mine is an 05 lx470 and remote is like the common ones and not clear, if that helps. But as mentioned earlier, key was a little wider.

WHAT YEAR IS YOUR CAR?

2006, two keys, both have a small gap on the side, at least one was clear plastic. It did make my OCD twitch a little, but it's not like the gap will affect anything, I'm quickly forgetting about it. Still 1000x better than the OEM.

2006, two keys, both have a small gap on the side, at least one was clear plastic. It did make my OCD twitch a little, but it's not like the gap will affect anything, I'm quickly forgetting about it. Still 1000x better than the OEM.

We will cure that OCD twitch ;) Once I get a solution designed I'll get the needed parts out to you so it's nice and flush.

Ok, so that's 4 people now with 06 cars and gaps, but a few folks with 04, 05 and no gap. 06 seems like a likely cutoff for the LCs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom