WTF DID YOU BUY A πŸ·πŸ–πŸ–πŸ‘ˆπŸ‘ˆ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Grew up riding in one, it’s in my blood…

I had my eyes set on a classic bronco that was rusting away in my back yard and my dad insisted I leave it alone...
He and I started looking at toyota landcruisers because he had access to one when he was in the army and he loved it. We couldn't find an fj40 in our price range, but we did find an fj55 which was relatively rust free, and swooped that up and it's been sunshine and daisies and swine ever since... And I painted her green, because that's exactly what I wanted.

20230814_142824.jpg

If my Dad hadn’t picked up the one I ended up with, to use as a β€œhuntin’ rig”, I probably would have never thought much about them, and may have ended up with another bump-side or dent-side Ford pickup.
But, somehow, the stars aligned and it was all meant to be. For whatever reason this thing had the potential and checked many of the boxes for what my Dad was looking for. I really didn’t know what to think about it when he brought it home and started fixing it up. Kinda wimpy. Low slung suspension with small tires? Six cylinder engine? Angular, funky looking body style? Definitely low on cool points to an 18 yo kid mostly into big V8’s with loud pipes, and big tires on 4x’s.

Four-wheel drive though.
Toyota. Might be a good wheeler?πŸ€”

Rebuilt two 40s, two 60s and was driving an 80 daily, seemed like a rare one and a good old man truck so I started looking. Was in the middle of a p1800 build when one popped up in my price range. Sold the p1800 and started in on the pig, that was 4 years ago, maybe one day I will actually drive it.

Paid grandpa $500 for ours. Had a spun rod bearing but we opted to have the motor rebuilt. It was a great first car and would be driving it today if I could just find an exhaust manifold.

I wanted a Diesel 60
Couldn't afford to import one.
Cant convert a Gas to Diesel in California.
Needed a 4 door wagon from 1975 or older.
Discovered the Pig and fell in love.
Stuck with gas and happy and probably richer for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom