Builds Wilson's FJ80 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Other people have been known to wake up the 3FE with a 2F bottom end (if you know someone who has masochistic relationship with Toyota engine builds :p ).
I resemble that statement. Love that engine.

IMG_7457.JPG

Come on a Flash Dance cassette? Did you find a pair of bell bottoms in there too?

Since this truck has lived its life in the desert and now you've brought it back to the land of 90% humidity, you should seriously consider a Fluid Film application sooner rather than later.
While the Lebanese contingent will bitch and moan, as he so eloquently puts it, "Jon Held's ass juice" will prevent the inevitable rust and corrosion that will consume the vehicle.

Since this truck has lived its life in the desert and now you've brought it back to the land of 90% humidity, you should seriously consider a Fluid Film application sooner rather than later.
While the Lebanese contingent will bitch and moan, as he so eloquently puts it, "Jon Held's ass juice" will prevent the inevitable rust and corrosion that will consume the vehicle.

I'm in. You can come up and we can do it at the same time? Or I'll come to you?

If you guys come to Maine to visit Onur’s family this summer bring the truck and I will spray it it with woolwax while Andy and Lucy meet Sierra and play. (Picture from tonight’s boat ride)

6D131817-4E2C-4FD6-B8D8-2E4FEC95C0C0.jpeg

@CatskillsRunner Water pump maintenance is something of a rites-of-passage with owning a 3FE, make sure you participate when the time comes to swap in a new one.

My 3FE experience goes back about 25 years when I swapped one into a FJ60 that we still own and minor DD. It's been rebuilt once and now has >>200k on the rebuild (lost track of true mileage) and remains in solid condition. Point is that the 3FE can be a reliable motor and serve you well if maintained (@Onur has that covered). Enjoy your new 80.

Remove old weather stripping, clean, and more weather stripping.

PXL_20210610_194856300.jpg
PXL_20210610_202158821.jpg

Got some WeatherTech floor mats for the first two rows. Happy with how well the fronts fits; the back doesn't seem to account for the seatbelts. 🤷🏻‍♀️

PXL_20210610_202335599.jpg

And a new passenger side mirror to replace my cracked one.

PXL_20210610_203305877.jpg
PXL_20210610_203531552.MP.jpg

I'm sure a lot of you already know this, but only green, black, and white are available.

Looks like Onur had the same expression I had when replacing mine and trying to access the wiring clip for the mirror motor. I am sure he got it in quicker than I did. :)

Looks like Onur had the same expression I had when replacing mine and trying to access the wiring clip for the mirror motor. I am sure he got it in quicker than I did. :)

He was more irritated with the aftermarket speakers!

I would be too. Much better explanation for his expression. :) Glad you were able to get an 80. Looking forward to how this turns out.

Oh what the 20 year old Walmart mats I through in there weren’t good enough?

There were no mats. Sans mats.

30 year old weatherstripping needs to go away into the trash.

... and windshield replacement on Saturday.

I sure wish some of this was available for my 35 year old 4R. About the only weatherstrip available is the front doors. Toyota sure abandoned us right when we need it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom