Builds Wilson's FJ80 (28 Viewers)

ppc

M Go Blue
IMG_7457.JPG

Come on a Flash Dance cassette? Did you find a pair of bell bottoms in there too?

Since this truck has lived its life in the desert and now you've brought it back to the land of 90% humidity, you should seriously consider a Fluid Film application sooner rather than later.
While the Lebanese contingent will bitch and moan, as he so eloquently puts it, "Jon Held's ass juice" will prevent the inevitable rust and corrosion that will consume the vehicle.

CatskillsRunner

SILVER Star
Since this truck has lived its life in the desert and now you've brought it back to the land of 90% humidity, you should seriously consider a Fluid Film application sooner rather than later.
While the Lebanese contingent will bitch and moan, as he so eloquently puts it, "Jon Held's ass juice" will prevent the inevitable rust and corrosion that will consume the vehicle.

I'm in. You can come up and we can do it at the same time? Or I'll come to you?

Godwin

Resident Herpetologist
SILVER Star
@CatskillsRunner Water pump maintenance is something of a rites-of-passage with owning a 3FE, make sure you participate when the time comes to swap in a new one.

My 3FE experience goes back about 25 years when I swapped one into a FJ60 that we still own and minor DD. It's been rebuilt once and now has >>200k on the rebuild (lost track of true mileage) and remains in solid condition. Point is that the 3FE can be a reliable motor and serve you well if maintained (@Onur has that covered). Enjoy your new 80.

CatskillsRunner

SILVER Star
Remove old weather stripping, clean, and more weather stripping.

PXL_20210610_194856300.jpg
PXL_20210610_202158821.jpg

Got some WeatherTech floor mats for the first two rows. Happy with how well the fronts fits; the back doesn't seem to account for the seatbelts. 🤷🏻‍♀️

PXL_20210610_202335599.jpg

MoJ

Proven source of misinformation

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom