Whoops I did it again (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

And this happened. Mother ****er!

IMG_0691.jpeg

And this!

IMG_0692.jpeg

I wasn't even drinking yet!

Dude who owned our place was one of those "random fasteners in coffee cans and pickle jars " guys.

There were dozens of them in random corners. I went through them superficially to see if there was anything good, then fuuuuck it.

Half a 45 gallon drum worth tipped into the schnitzer's bin :lol:

I still have an entire BOX of bent nails from him under a bench that I haven't chucked yet. Who the **** keeps bent nails and puts them back in a nail box?????

Well ya know, those bent nails do slow down speeders in front of the house... just sayin'...

Well ya know, those bent nails do slow down speeders in front of the house... just sayin'...
Better just past your house so you don’t run them over ;)

I have buckets of nails from My pallet fired hot tub. I need some kind of James Bond bucket nail dump for all my police persuits.

Any guesses?

IMG_0713.jpeg

A three point to two point clutch master adapter.. Plus the connecting rod made the clutch pedal 3 inches closer to my seat than the brake pedal. Super annoying to drive.

Last edited:
Dang, that had been my first thought...

It didn't happen to originally have a a clutch booster?
1709273379083.png

I came across this picture in a for sale add and now believe it's possible to have a vacuum boosted clutch master in a 40 series. Based on what I've read so far, I believe they often use a slightly larger bore master for increased travel with less pedal movement.

Dang, that had been my first thought...

It didn't happen to originally have a a clutch booster?
View attachment 3570539
I came across this picture in a for sale add and now believe it's possible to have a vacuum boosted clutch master in a 40 series. Based on what I've read so far, I believe they often use a slightly larger bore master for increased travel with less pedal movement.
Vacuum assisted clutch is a joke. Its like 1 pound of difference to push the clutch in. It actually had the weirdest looking master from Brazil. with a slightly bigger 3 bolt flange.

Vacuum assisted clutch is a joke. Its like 1 pound of difference to push the clutch in. It actually had the weirdest looking master from Brazil. with a slightly bigger 3 bolt flange.
If it was a 1 pound difference with 3” less pedal travel it’d be worth it… but otherwise no.

I’d like something more like the 80 series brake booster which makes it so I can stop the truck with a toe curl from my big toe. Put another way, if I stab the pedal with two fingers it’ll lock all four wheels with 4 wheel disc brakes. It’s not scary or anything, but 1993 me jumped in and slammed on the brakes expecting 4 wheel drums it’d be shocking.

Does it make a difference that I’ve got 16-18” of vacuum at idle?

Last edited:
No too sure?

I have an 80 series booster on my 60 because of all wheel disc brakes. Rear full floater was from an 80.

unfortunately the master is clocked by 10 degrees, not perfect but functional.

IMG_0717.jpeg

IMG_0734.jpeg

unfortunately the master is clocked by 10 degrees, not perfect but functional.

View attachment 3570739

View attachment 3570740
That’d buy me every time I opened the hood… but maybe that’s just me.

On the bright side it you can go 10 degrees further over before it’ll spill. Since you’ll never lean it as far towards the driver’s side it’ll work out well.

Snow time!

IMG_0738.jpeg

IMG_0739.jpeg

There was lots slippery snow out there. Weighing in 7,200 pounds and having about 30% tread left in my 15 year old bfg muds made for a lot of winching. Very technical trails and slippery roots. That little Land Rover is sick. I was surprised on how well he did with just open diffs.

IMG_1406.jpeg

IMG_1405.jpeg

IMG_0748.jpeg

IMG_0745.jpeg

IMG_0741.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom