Where are the audiophiles (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyone looking to get rid of a vintage receiver / turntable setup? Wifey's wanting to get into vinyl so searching for a Christmas gift setup. We have Sonos across our house, and I'm just looking to run 1 pair of towers with this and want to stick to an analog system with a retro vibe. Any advice is welcome as well. I may look to integrate it into our Sonos at some point, but that's not high on my priorities.

Anyone looking to get rid of a vintage receiver / turntable setup? Wifey's wanting to get into vinyl so searching for a Christmas gift setup. We have Sonos across our house, and I'm just looking to run 1 pair of towers with this and want to stick to an analog system with a retro vibe. Any advice is welcome as well. I may look to integrate it into our Sonos at some point, but that's not high on my priorities.
@sleepycruiser has some marantz for sale.

what's your budget? i know a guy who recaps vintage receivers and generally aren't too expensive

I have all kinds of stuff at the moment. Marantz 2245, Marantz 2238b, Pioneer SX-750. I also have a Pioneer SX-727, but I need to figure out an issue with it first. I also have a Denon DP-790 turntable in great shape.

what's your budget? i know a guy who recaps vintage receivers and generally aren't too expensive
Chatting with Sleepy on his gear first. Thanks for the lead

Just moved the stereo into the new office/gallery/music room. Still have a lot of stuff to do in here. Will report back once done! : )

stereo.jpg

Cool setup Jamie.

What speakers are those? And what are you using for DAC?
Curious about those speakers too. They're beautiful!

Cool setup Jamie.

What speakers are those? And what are you using for DAC?

Yea what @nutop said Klipsch Corwall IV and MA352. DAC is the Chord Qutest.

The good news is it does sound great.

The bad news is now I can tell the difference between crappy early CDs and Hi Res remasters.

You will all likely laugh at this…. Until you hear just how good it sounds.

It’s a parts-express DIY bluetooth setup. You wire the crossovers, connect the amp/battery module and build and finish how you like.

Sounds really really good. Like shockingly good for what it is.

I’ll say this, I put this portable Bluetooth speaker up against any other commercially made Bluetooth speaker as far as clarity/separation and frequency response. It’s not particularly loud, with 12 V in batteries it’s about 50 W RMS for the sub and 25 each for the mids and highs. You can run the amp at 24 V and affectively double that power. And the speakers are rated to handle that much and more. You can wire all sorts of extra stuff to the board including a hard line in, which now that I know how good it sounds with MP3/Bluetooth makes me want to open it back up and get a hardwire set up.

4E9DB55B-7321-496F-9DCA-334CD02C46FE.jpeg

9B94A603-E8A4-4ADE-B3A7-980B64BD9043.jpeg

Is that what was blasting my old band’s CD at fall crawl? Sounded very good.
Nah that was the camper speaker setup I just got this thing done last week. The camper has a pioneer double din head unit running a set of 4 yamaha home theater satellites and an 8" cheapy powered sub. Bargain basement stuff, but does the job quite well.

Not mine, but decent prices on full set up.

The Zu Dirty Weekend 6 is available. For those who do not know, Zu brand (US Made in Utah) makes these once a year at a much lower price than their other offerings. $1599/pair for the base model. Supposedly a great value for the price. Never heard them. They haven't made them in a while due to covid.

3 ft, tall 65 lbs - not a lightweight.

If anyone is ever looking for the Land Cruisers of audio…I have them. Marantz 2325, 2330 receivers and a Marantz 6300 turntable.

i think i saw your post on AK... used to run a 2325 with a 6300 that sounded oh, so sweet.
That’s me! I sold the 6300 yesterday. I have the 2325 hooked up and rocking now, but it is likely being traded. I think I’m going to keep the 2330.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom