Builds What's a Parts Guy to Do?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So is a birfield.:meh:

Birf I can do in about 30 mins.. I would much rather replace a birf than a wheel stud..

Also, I replaced my factory birfs with ones that are significantly harder to break a long time ago ;)

Onur, anything wrong with your old condenser? would you like to sell it? Mines toast.

Nothing wrong with it that I know of. My AC worked quite nicely beforehand.

Drop me a PM if you are interested.

Speaking of part arrival... look what showed up from New Mexico... :grinpimp: Nicely powdercoated too!

Thanks Brother Dan! :cheers:

You are quite welcome! It took me longer to ask you if it should be coated than it took me to get it coated. Seriously.

You'll be getting a PM very soon, BTW.

Dan

Well, damn.....

I bought the wrong condenser for my application.

4/1985 is a transition month for the condenser and mine is a later one as opposed to the one I bought which is for an earlier one.

Notice the few differences that make a difference.

--Mounting tabs are incorrect.

--Pipe position/orientation is incorrect.

--small indentation at bottom of condenser is not there on the new one.

:bang: :ban: :mad: :confused: :flush: :crybaby: :doh: :censor: :oops:

I HATE AFTERMARKET PARTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_7816.JPG

In light of my condenser set back, I decided to order more parts. I feel like a woman in need of shoe shopping because of a non-existent/un-happy relationship (hey, wait, I resemble that remark!! :lol: )

AC expansion valve (nice Nippon-Denso piece):

IMG_7821.JPG

IMG_7822.JPG

IMG_7823.JPG

And, an AC pressure switch (Denso manufacture):

IMG_7824.JPG

IMG_7825.JPG

ouch..

My other two ground cables showed up, direct-ship from Japan:

IMG_7818.JPG

And the glove compartment rubber bumpers. Little parts that make all the difference when dealing with a 30 year old truck.

IMG_7819.JPG

IMG_7820.JPG

Where does that pressure switch go? I don't remember coming across that during my AC overhaul. I might have, but don't recall it.

I know I would have wanted to replace that o-ring.

Should be on the dryer

I'm also upgrading my upper radiator mounts. I don't like the OEM ones. So I am using the 80 series mounts. The flat part on the collar will need to be ground down a bit to accommodate the diameter between the flange on the radiator superstructure.

Grommets are a direct and nicely snug fit.

IMG_7807.JPG

IMG_7808.JPG

You have a parts fettish!

I'm also upgrading my upper radiator mounts. I don't like the OEM ones. So I am using the 80 series mounts. The flat part on the collar will need to be ground down a bit to accommodate the diameter between the flange on the radiator superstructure.

Grommets are a direct and nicely snug fit.

View attachment 1044259

View attachment 1044263

FORGERY..............:grinpimp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom