What random PO stuff have you found in your 40? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Caveat: I search and couldn't find a thread. If there is one I will post there...

So what are some of the random things people have found stashed or forgotten about in their 40s?

I was dismantling the heater piping on my 78 and found the Last Action Hero soundtrack stuck between the hose and wiring harness. I guess this explains the giant hole in the dash where a tape player used to be...
image.jpg

I found a pair of vice grips holding the accelerator cable to the pedal. I bought a new cable.

1971 FJ40
1952 VW Split Bug
1997 Jaguar XK8

Hi, Coins,cassette tapes, c.d.s,bullets lots of bullets. Hidden extra keys found years later while working on the cruisers. Bolts and tools under the hood found while wrenching. And to top it off a few dead small mammals. Mike

I think evry cruiser has atleast one bullet in it somewhere on general principal

I found a ticket from the po that was for "Parking your Jeep on the street"
I kept it in the glove box

Mouse nest in the glove box - in the mouse nest, 8 new-looking spark plugs, and an in-line fuel filter (now all installed and operating in my truck). Oh and lots of mouse sh*t, and a half dozen Man-a-Fre receipts (originally a CA truck).

Everything else PO-related has been horrible hack jobs I have spent the past 2 years fixing.

Found a coin from Chile which is where my FJ40 was imported from.

i found a piece of bailing wire attaching the throttle cable to the carb linkage. And it was too short to allow the secondary barrel to open!

I was told that my 40 came out of NM but in the dash I found a toll token for a New York Bridge. Skeptical.... But explains some of the rust. Oh and a bunch of cattle cubes (feed)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom