What have you found in the cruiser from a PO (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

wish I had pictures.

found some very old Lego characters and kids toys under the carpet if my FJ62 - also some broken glass under there.

some period correct American coins too.

I think the paper is from a toll road. I hope to find more someday but there aren't too many places for things to hide in a 40 series.

PXL_20231113_160000195.jpg

So far my best Score was what was in a '95 FZJ80 that I bought at an impound auction. As near as I could figure out (there was a lot of pre-deployment paperwork in the rig), a couple of GIs went out to go shooting and "wheeling" shortly before deployment overseas. Looks like they got stuck (and unstuck) while out off road. Apparently the owner of the rig got a DUI on the way home, the rig was towed and impounded and one way or the other he wound up losing the rig and everything in it.

*If* there were firearms in the rig when that happened, either he did get those back or they were handled differently than the rest of it.

It took about 3 years for the rig to sit and wait for the process to happen. I bought it only incidentally aware of what was in the rig. Noticed but not really examined when I looked it over prior to the bidding. I wound up paying $1500 for the rig (would have been $1000 but a friend was bidding for it online and did not realize he was bidding against me :doh:). The rig did not have lockers. It had an interior I would rate at 95% or better. The body had no real issues other than slight dings on the rear liftgate from a broken chain smacking against it during an apparently failed yank. Overall, body at 90%, maybe better. Mechanical? All nominal with less than 200K IIRC. I towed a rig on a trailer with it on a 600 mile round trip just a couple of weeks after acquiring it.

And the unexpected goodies? The rear cargo area was full of Glock and AR15 accessories and "stuff". A LOT of magazines. Sights, tools, holsters, folding stocks... don't even remember it all any more. Over $2500 worth. All of it was stuff I could use. Also had a bit of Mil Issue stuff that I expect the PO wound up one of with an Article 15 or two over. :( Full issue kevlar protective gear (with front and rear ballistic plates) and helmet were the couple of things that were the bulkiest.. A variety of commercial camping/outdoor stuff too. A bunch of belts, smaller backpacks and various load bearing equipment as well.

And judging from some of the other stuff buried underneath it all... either he had a BIG GF/wife with really skanky tastes in lingerie... or maybe he was into cross dressing? Really wish I had not even seen that stuff :frown::yuck:

Anyway, one of my better catches in terms of money spent for rig gained. I could have flipped it for at least $6000 at the time without touching it. (Still have this one. It is my secondary daily driver these days.) And the freebies inside? All went to good use. Except the skanky size 12 spike heels and lingerie ;)

Apparently a lot of people had noticed the gear inside. You should have seen my GF dragging a duffle full of stuff past the vultures as we transferred it all to my rig before going to get the trailer. No way I was gonna leave it there with all of them circling until I got back!

Mark...

wow.

So far my best Score was what was in a '95 FZJ80 that I bought at an impound auction. As near as I could figure out (there was a lot of pre-deployment paperwork in the rig), a couple of GIs went out to go shooting and "wheeling" shortly before deployment overseas. Looks like they got stuck (and unstuck) while out off road. Apparently the owner of the rig got a DUI on the way home, the rig was towed and impounded and one way or the other he wound up losing the rig and everything in it.

*If* there were firearms in the rig when that happened, either he did get those back or they were handled differently than the rest of it.

It took about 3 years for the rig to sit and wait for the process to happen. I bought it only incidentally aware of what was in the rig. Noticed but not really examined when I looked it over prior to the bidding. I wound up paying $1500 for the rig (would have been $1000 but a friend was bidding for it online and did not realize he was bidding against me :doh:). The rig did not have lockers. It had an interior I would rate at 95% or better. The body had no real issues other than slight dings on the rear liftgate from a broken chain smacking against it during an apparently failed yank. Overall, body at 90%, maybe better. Mechanical? All nominal with less than 200K IIRC. I towed a rig on a trailer with it on a 600 mile round trip just a couple of weeks after acquiring it.

And the unexpected goodies? The rear cargo area was full of Glock and AR15 accessories and "stuff". A LOT of magazines. Sights, tools, holsters, folding stocks... don't even remember it all any more. Over $2500 worth. All of it was stuff I could use. Also had a bit of Mil Issue stuff that I expect the PO wound up one of with an Article 15 or two over. :( Full issue kevlar protective gear (with front and rear ballistic plates) and helmet were the couple of things that were the bulkiest.. A variety of commercial camping/outdoor stuff too. A bunch of belts, smaller backpacks and various load bearing equipment as well.

And judging from some of the other stuff buried underneath it all... either he had a BIG GF/wife with really skanky tastes in lingerie... or maybe he was into cross dressing? Really wish I had not even seen that stuff :frown::yuck:

Anyway, one of my better catches in terms of money spent for rig gained. I could have flipped it for at least $6000 at the time without touching it. (Still have this one. It is my secondary daily driver these days.) And the freebies inside? All went to good use. Except the skanky size 12 spike heels and lingerie ;)

Apparently a lot of people had noticed the gear inside. You should have seen my GF dragging a duffle full of stuff past the vultures as we transferred it all to my rig before going to get the trailer. No way I was gonna leave it there with all of them circling until I got back!

Mark...

This wins.

If PO is "Previous Occupant" then this wasp nest that was preventing my heater vents from moving. It broke up inside the heater while removing it, originally about the size of a softball.
View attachment 3509885
Ahh, good ‘ol mud daubers.
Quite amazing little creatures but sure can cause some trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom