What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (44 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wife convinced me to drive it to my parents house for Thanksgiving dinner. OK.. by convinced I mean she said "Hey, we should take Elsie over there today". Thing is... I didn't really think about the fact that it didn't have a heater until we were leaving at 10PM in November and had left the windows open all day... OOPS! COLD drive home wiping the window off with a towel every few minutes. Ahhhh... I love my cruiser, it makes even the most simple drive an adventure.

Nothing other than get it dirty. But that's enough for me. :)

ForumRunner_20121123_181127.jpg

ForumRunner_20121123_180628.jpg

---"Wait Master, it might be dangerous.....You go first."--
ForumRunner_20121123_180628.jpg
ForumRunner_20121123_180612.jpg
ForumRunner_20121123_181127.jpg

Bought some OME 2.5 inch lift springs off Ebay; I put the springs on the front and the shackles on the rear for an even lift. The original springs were so flat I went from a 1 inch clearance to the bump stop to a 3 inch clearance by adding 1.25 of lift.

My booster check valve had a catastrophic failure, found a better replacement from a 81-85 Celica at the local pick a part and a helluva lot cheaper!!!
oregano 200 (Medium).jpg
oregano 199 (Medium).jpg
oregano 198 (Medium).jpg

Front disk brake Pads, Greased the knuckles and tracked down an electrical issue with my turn signal.

Made attachment brackets for my Hi-Lift so its not sitting on the front bumper or hanging off of the spare.. I need to paint them still.
IMG_20121125_162847.jpg

Last edited:
Dragged some downed trees out of the blackberries and up to the house to cut up for firewood. I wasn't too sure the cruiser would be able to drag the trees out of the tangle of berries, it was in there pretty deep.... but it did. Then I got up to the house and went to unlock the hubs and realized they were not locked! I doubted the cruiser could do it and then it did it in 2x4 just to show me.

Went shopping at Costco this evening, after shopping my cruiser would not start it just clicked. I new the battery was old so went back into Costco and purchased one of their Kirkland batteries, installed it and fired right up. My goal was to ultimately purchase an Optima battery but it didn't work for me this time.

picture.php

I fell into a hole on the trail and had to be strapped out :whoops:

and the next day, I stuffed myself into a washout with the tire 3 feet in the air :eek:

:doh:

steering being manual, there wasn't much movement to it - so I had to drive out inch by inch while turning towards driver . . .

some pucker factor involved :hillbilly: what you can't see on the pic is that it's quite a downhill slope altogether
DSC_5370.jpg

oh yeah, and I mangled the windshield on a tree later in the day :mad: :bang:

Let it run for 30 mins sitting on jack stands. Getting close to driving it...I think?

Sent from my carport.

Finally making headway. Got my rear crossmembers in, and spring shackles , bolted,welded and doing paint right now. Spent most of Sunday installing rear crossmembers and rear HFS suspension.
004.jpg

002.jpg

001.jpg

floor mounted e brake handle

Used my limited skills to modify my 73 transmission hump to accept a late model floor mounted e brake handle.
ebrake 2.jpg
ebrake 1.jpg
ebrake.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom