What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (37 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You get too clean............. Be worrying over taking that dirty “road less traveled” 🤣
Looks good :cheers:
It still gets wheeled but no rock crawling. Just wanted to get some paint on it that would be easy to touch up.

Messing around with the roof rack while I wait for brake parts.
5BC7C0F5-3141-4F45-A967-CE533B34A0BA.jpeg
F755E1E8-D659-4D36-943F-DBE3FAA9775C.jpeg

Are you painting it on with a brush and are you going to do anything with the underbody? Looks great!
Thanks! Yes and yes. Frame first then will move in to underbody. Still a few greasy, cruddy spots that need more degreaser/scrubbing. Using Purple Power, very effective but it will remove paint in spots 🙄

Along the underbelly cleanup project, does anyone know if a rebuild kit is available for the the original steering box on a ‘78? Thanks buds👍

Got the transmission fixed... time to drive :)

Did you paint the texture on the firewall and floor first and then paint the entire tub. What was your strategy?

On this particular tub, the bed liner or textured coating was already sprayed. I just cleaned the surface and painted over it. The paint is Rustoleum enamel. I thinned it down and sprayed it.

I have used Lizard Skin several times on the floors and firewalls (textured heat and sound spray). I have left it uncovered and also painted over with great results.

On this particular tub, the bed liner or textured coating was already sprayed. I just cleaned the surface and painted over it. The paint is Rustoleum enamel. I thinned it down and sprayed it.

I have used Lizard Skin several times on the floors and firewalls (textured heat and sound spray). I have left it uncovered and also painted over with great results.
In the FJ40 I just completed, I used the 3M Pro Undercoating. I primed the tub and fenders first. Then applied the 3M spray under tub and under fenders. Let it dry for a couple of days. When I painted, I did paint the entire fender, but decided to not paint under the tub - was a personal preference to have it black.

Seat bracket got minor surgery.

View attachment 2691345
This is a common failure point... worth inspecting for signs of failure which could potentially become a safety issue. Yours should be good for another 30 years.

I happened to repair mine with +/- 6” of 1.5” bar stock that was about 1/4” thick. Welding 1/4” to 1/16” isn’t without its challenges, but it’ll never fail again. :D

OOOOOOHHHHH. Could you please post up some pics. Where did you purchase the 3M undercoating?
I bought it on eBay. I needed 5 cans. Believe a vendor on eBay sold it in packs of 6. Please note that spraying it is a pain. Make sure that you spend time covering all panels you do not want it to cover. A a pain to remove if you have over spay. Also, have some paint thinner on hand to clean the spray nozzle as they clog up fast. When they clog, the rubber spays in chunks. I will post some pics if I have them. Also, if you paint over it, it will harden a bit due to the paint hardening over it. In the area that I did not paint under the tub, the material stays a bit soft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom