What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (31 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Over the past week I’ve been busy. Installed OME lift kit. Picked it up from Torfab in Everett, WA. Easy to work with and had some real time help which is always appreciated.
2D9421B7-9FEF-4C29-A684-2E948FECB6BA.jpeg

Once the new lift was on, I had a little clearance issue getting into the garage.
So I spent these last few days remodeling the garage door. My garage is just about falling over, so it was a bit of a PITA trying to get things plum, square and level. The old garage door sat too low when opened, never closed right and was rotting away. I made a set of barn doors, and increased my clearance by 10 inches.
B8914F4E-E404-4A5D-9809-8A733961CC40.jpeg

C1F53D56-76DB-4E78-88A8-B060768FC580.jpeg

734F1CD3-FF8A-47AF-BA93-56AAE382563C.jpeg

Over the past week I’ve been busy. Installed OME lift kit. Picked it up from Torfab in Everett, WA. Easy to work with and had some real time help which is always appreciated.
View attachment 2674209
Once the new lift was on, I had a little clearance issue getting into the garage.
So I spent these last few days remodeling the garage door. My garage is just about falling over, so it was a bit of a PITA trying to get things plum, square and level. The old garage door sat too low when opened, never closed right and was rotting away. I made a set of barn doors, and increased my clearance by 10 inches.
View attachment 2674213
View attachment 2674214
View attachment 2674215
Looks great! Nice work!

View attachment 2674209
View attachment 2674213
View attachment 2674214
View attachment 2674215
Looks great! Those LED headlights? If so, what model and do you like vs. OEM?

View attachment 2674209
View attachment 2674213
View attachment 2674214
View attachment 2674215
Nicely done the 40 looks right at home in there👍

Took it out for a test spin after 9 months of work. Went through brakes, suspension, cooling system, fuel tank/lines and general cleanup. Drove great.

It amazes me to be able to take something apart and then put it all back together and actually get in it and drive it. And for it to work!
95A8635E-D47B-4D3A-A19B-4E59AFD8A72D.jpeg
C1AADB1D-5B64-46C4-BCA7-35DDAB6CA3C6.jpeg
31BA081A-A66D-43DE-8E18-8F5C41FC81F7.jpeg

Love the color...what is it?
I got the color from another mudder, looking to get something close to cadet blue. Its a bit more gray, which I really like. Its a ppg delfleet single stage. My first time ever seriously painting car parts. Paint laid out well, but my skills are somewhat lacking. Not perfect, but certainly good enough.

Screenshot_2020-11-22-11-55-05.png

Bought a 1979 after being fj40less for 23 years. Feels good to be back in it! Full fluid changes and compression check. Number 6 is at 100 all other cylinders 145-150. Burnt valve! Or maybe just adjustment needed?View attachment 2673099

Started putting freshly painted pieces back together....and had a beer...or two..

View attachment 2675179

View attachment 2675180

View attachment 2675181
Love the color...what is it
I got the color from another mudder, looking to get something close to cadet blue. Its a bit more gray, which I really like. Its a ppg delfleet single stage. My first time ever seriously painting car parts. Paint laid out well, but my skills are somewhat lacking. Not perfect, but certainly good enough.

View attachment 2675543
Thanks for the info. Are you leaving the white firewall section king of a neat touch

I got the color from another mudder, looking to get something close to cadet blue. Its a bit more gray, which I really like. Its a ppg delfleet single stage.

Love the color...what is it

Thanks for the info. Are you leaving the white firewall section king of a neat touch
The cowl and tub are aluminum. Will be painting that later.

View attachment 2674209
View attachment 2674213
View attachment 2674214
View attachment 2674215

Looks awesome, very sweet rig! Mine is still at Torfab getting dialed in....those guys are fantastic to work with.

Back on the 40 series! Installed the dizzy, and the plug wires, which is a huge step for me. Also I freed a small bird trapped in my oven. All I know is I’m inching closer to having this thing running, possibly close enough to make it to Tlca Rubithon?!

Just ran a bead of 3M urethane seam sealer. Looks good to me, can’t be any worse than the old, dried, cracked sealer that I removed. Trying to mitigate water leaking/dripping onto my boot as I drive in the rain.
I picked out the old sealer, wire brushed the seam, used a bit of rust converter, cleaned with brakekleen and blasted it with compressed air. Fingers crossed this works.
View attachment 2666246
View attachment 2666245

NIce! Took me forever to figure out the same issue. I did a long-winded but picture poor write-up back in 2010. Urethane is the way to go. I haven't had a single issue with 9 winters in NW Oregon since the repair. Here's a link to the thread:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom