What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (57 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tightened up the bolts to my muffler/exhaust manifold connection and now no longer have exhaust leaking into the cab.

Also got my onboard ARB air compressor working. Turns out it was one of the mystery switches on the dash board I have been afraid to touch for the last 2 years 🤣

Bought a new truck this week, my first 40. 1978. Next morning after buying I check the oil, full of gas. Dumped it, changed the oil and filter and ran it briefly to coat the engine 🤞everthing is ok. It has a weber carb and a fuel pressure regulator. I think I'd like to restore to factory carb and replace the fuel pump,lines, filter etc. Is it worth it to spend the extra money on an OEM carb vs CityRacer or rebuilt? Any other thoughts are welcome. Cheers!
EE37DFE6-4CA5-4FF5-84D9-63BD680C7F7D.jpeg

Bought a new truck this week, my first 40. 1978. Next morning after buying I check the oil, full of gas. Dumped it, changed the oil and filter and ran it briefly to coat the engine 🤞everthing is ok. It has a weber carb and a fuel pressure regulator. I think I'd like to restore to factory carb and replace the fuel pump,lines, filter etc. Is it worth it to spend the extra money on an OEM carb vs CityRacer or rebuilt? Any other thoughts are welcome. Cheers!View attachment 2669195

Usual source for gas in the oil is the mechanical fuel pump. Diluted oil we quickly destroy engine bearings. You made a good decision checking the oil first thing.

Usual source for gas in the oil is the mechanical fuel pump. Diluted oil we quickly destroy engine bearings. You made a good decision checking the oil first thing.
Thank you. I checked it before I bought and didn’t see any. Maybe the drive home filled it up. Fingers crossed it didn’t damage the bearings. It’s parked with fresh oil until the pump and carb get replaced.

Good day on the lake....... Only thing the 40 did was move outa her spot in the garage so I could load the boards! 😎
4BFD066F-B8C1-452D-874C-8A671D62E6B1.jpeg

I went to the emergency room the night I enlarged my bumper holes for the ARB bumper. 6 stitches in my knuckles. This was before I knew about step drills.
Do you or anyone know if ER have some membership discount ? My CVS rally happy to see me twice a month ..for some AID... :)

Also, go slower RPM with bigger drill diameters. In shop, it is Surface Feet per Minute:

If you exceed the cutter's speed limit, there will be more wear on the cutter/drill, which will cause you to apply more pressure, and get diminishing returns for the effort. I was trained in a machine shop where we were forced to hand-sharpen drills, despite the presence of a drill-sharpener.

Step drills are awesome for hand-drill-motors.

Too bad hand-drill-motors weren't specifically adjustable for rpm, but, they make dollars out of Christmas, anyway.

Post shop set up details here click here. Looks like you have an ideal workspace.

It's where I work, and space is at a premium. I have to keep things tidy and picked up, all while not damaging product in the process. It's way better than working under a tree.

If it were a toybox though, that would be pretty dang phenomenal. I'm probably going to have to store the land cruiser there this winter, and I haven't come up with a good solution for that yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom