What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (98 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

^^^ this - new OME lift (no “sided” springs, I checked) and my cruiser is leaning a solid 1 3/4” (1.75”) to PASSENGER - which seems somewhat unique. I’m giving the springs some time to settle out but not super excited about chasing this phenomenon.

Hope settling helps, that seems to be more lean than most report with OME springs and as you already mentioned it’s to the opposite side. If it settles down to about an inch you could put the leveling block on the drivers side rear spring and that should get you pretty close.

Hope settling helps, that seems to be more lean than most report with OME springs and as you already mentioned it’s to the opposite side. If it settles down to about an inch you could put the leveling block on the drivers side rear spring and that should get you pretty close.

Agreed. Need to get it off-road a bit more and try to articulate it a bit more before I cry foul. As it stands the lift only has about 350 miles on it - 300ish round trip to Gore, VA and back and about 40mi offroad over the weekend. Since I melted the battery down on the same trip, and I move slower than molasses, it has been sitting in the garage ever since while I fabricate a new battery tray. I definitely over-tightened one spring pin enough that it ate a bushing in VA but I didn't "feel" anything to indicate it's entirely bound up. Until I get everything corrected and dialed back in I'm willing to admit I may have done something to induce it.

I might be crazy but it looked a little less "leaned" when I stared at it the other day. Probably wishful thinking but it could be settling as it sits.

Crooked or not, I'm dying to get it back on the road - but they salted the roads here, so it may be a while before it leaves the garage again. Not a lot of paint left on it to keep the rust from spreading.

LOVE the sound of an SBC doing what it does best. Got Numbers?

2nd Run
20201221_145522.jpg

1st run.

20201221_144122.jpg

Interesting. It's more aggressive than I would have thought. I'm a Lunati fan, myself but I see good results from Comp. Cheers!

It's somewhat aggressive. However, it's just slightly lopey on idle which I really like.

Is that the Pollux Orange? Wife is trying to sway me away from the biege I had planned. This is the runner up...
No that’s just a sealer since it was blasted and has to sit for a couple months before my paint guy and the frame are ready for it. Was planning to go with cadet blue but have been eyeing Heath gray recently.

one on my last goals of 2020 was to tackle a faithful reproduction of the long lost in more then one way 44416-60020 P/S Box Return line fitting assy.

well after having to re-earn my Tubing Merit Badge all over i can report nobody will ever have to search very far ever again ...

so 8/78-1980 Mini Truck Boxes and the few real FJ40 P/S boxes here you go .......... :cool:

call out # 44416

DSCN5256.JPG

DSCN5257.JPG

DSCN5252.JPG

DSCN5254.JPG

DSCN5255.JPG

@thebigredrocker ....I have never been on an inflatable but I know lots of people who have them. Often boat owners who are looking to save space on board. How has your experience been with them?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom