What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (27 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had a friend make this setup to replace the heater duct. It will allow the AC unit to rotate up higher in the back for more clearance in the passenger foot well. BTW these will be commercially available soon.

IMG_1634.JPG
IMG_1649.JPG
IMG_1666.JPG
IMG_1667.JPG
IMG_1675.JPG

Just got done changing the oil. Had to drive a punch through the old Fram oil filter to get it free. King Kong must have been working at the Jiffy L%^$ as tight as it was screwed on. Got it done and I'm feeling lots better.:)

More progress and I'm fxxxing tired! I hope all this sanding is worth it, cause it is getting tedious and super old after a couple days. Luckily the hood, fenders, aprons, windshield frame, bib and trans tunnel are done, just waiting on color.

Barn doors need wet sanding after primer coats 3 and 4. Tub got another coat of epoxy sealer then two coats of primer. Wet sanding and then likely two more primer coats then more wet sanding.

This s*** takes a ton more time than I planned...

Don't laugh at my jerry rigged masking job!

I made my truck into an island.
18254732_1511255935553866_591264461_n.jpg
So much to love in this shot... blue skies, bright green foliage, and a badass water crossing. Love it man...

I made my truck into an island.
18254732_1511255935553866_591264461_n.jpg
So much to love in this shot... blue skies, bright green foliage, and a badass water crossing. Love it man...

Got time to dive in to my TBI issues on the 350. Seems like the one part I didn't buy brand new when I installed the TBI is the part that's kicking me! :doh: Stupid electronic spark control module.

I will get that ordered/installed and see how it goes from there.

Also hooked my MSD ignition controller back up. I disconnected it after the check engine light came on and it went into limp home mode. My idle quality, idle rpm, and throttle responsiveness have all improved significantly with it hooked back up. Maybe I don't hate this engine after all....

IMG_20170501_171236100.jpg

@SOAZtim ok bud where was that crossing and are you running a snorkel? We might be doing that front axle sooner than later. I am ready to help when you need it.

I have spent the last few weeks just looking at it. I just had to much going on to work on it. But on Saturday I was able to install the master cylinder and booster. It was a PITA because a P.O. Installed the wiring harness in the wrong spot. Now I need to address cooling issues. Any recommendations on a radiator

Spent all day setting up the booth and taping off parts. Took way longer than I anticipated, but it's done. Had to add 3 more inlet air filters as there wasn't enough for the 2300cfm fan I'm using. Works great now. Enough air flow to clear the booth quickly but not a noticeable breeze.

Oh, the Hobbyair positive pressure full mask is the ticket. It's like air condition for my face!!

Pics.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom