What have you done to your Land Cruiser this week? (58 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How's this:
2F%20Head.JPG

2F%20Block.JPG

Compared to the gorgeous engine and other trucks posted above, I feel ashamed to post pics of our beater LOL

How's this:
2F%20Head.JPG

2F%20Block.JPG

Compared to the gorgeous engine and other trucks posted above, I feel ashamed to post pics of our beater LOL

It looks beautiful to me!

@gcrump01 Your rig looks great; really like that tailgate!!

@gcrump01 Your rig looks great; really like that tailgate!!

Thanks - 2 old barn doors welded together. I made the tag mounting plate on the right just like the mount on my ambulance doors.

Very nice work-such a classic look!

Working on getting the battery pedestal out so I can grind off the captive nuts and look what I found:

IMG_7017.JPG

I wonder how long that thing has been missing. Glad the engine hasn't fallen off of the mount.

I finally got around to finish painting the windshield wiper arms.

Before:
full

full

After:
Primed
full

full

full

full

full

full

@78fj40mg, did you happen to replace the hold down springs? If so, where did you source them?

Working on getting the battery pedestal out so I can grind off the captive nuts and look what I found:

View attachment 1331282

I wonder how long that thing has been missing. Glad the engine hasn't fallen off of the mount.
I looks like the lower radiator hose is against the motor mount, if I were you I would fix that.
Just saying.

A.J

View attachment 1331282

You dodged a bullet! Glad you found it in time!

Monday night:
Lapped valves and installed new valve seals. The old valves seals were completely shot, happy to do new ones. New ones are SOR seals, we'll see how well they hold up.

Tuesday night:
Got the head back on and torqued (happy to see an OEM toyota gasket on that block!). Since the train was off, removed all rockers/springs etc from rod to inspect and clean. Lots of scoring, a project for another time as we need this truck for work around the yard before winter hits. Cleaned up as best possible, re-assembled and installed rocker train. Got other bits and pieces back on the (carb, hoses, alternator etc). Changed oil and filter. Filled with coolant (have to get more, low about 2-3 liters). Got a parts washer too! Not sure how we lived without one LOL

Tonight my wife works late so I'm solo with the kids, not sure if I'll get a chance to finish and crank it over for it's first heat cycle.....hopefully soon! Need to get a new battery too, old one barely turns on the head lights......
I'll post pics tonight....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom